I be first :)

starkiller

I be first :)
« on: 13 Feb 2010, 09:14 am »
Cool, I be first.  And I will have a review of the amp Blair built for me soon.  Been pretty sick, and then decided since I had to rearrange my computer room for my new GR Research speakers I might as well alphabetize my 2,000+ cd's first, what a pain!  But that's done and providing I don't get worse I should get a review done this week.  Only hope I feel alot better on sunday or my wife will kill me :D

Niteshade

• Tubes: Audio's glow plug. Get turbocharged!
    • Niteshade Audio
Re: I be first :)
« Reply #1 on: 13 Feb 2010, 12:26 pm »
Wow! You beat me here!  :lol:

There have been some nasty bugs floating around. You'll feel better in no time.

Cool, I be first.  And I will have a review of the amp Blair built for me soon.  Been pretty sick, and then decided since I had to rearrange my computer room for my new GR Research speakers I might as well alphabetize my 2,000+ cd's first, what a pain!  But that's done and providing I don't get worse I should get a review done this week.  Only hope I feel alot better on sunday or my wife will kill me :D

jtwrace

• www.theintellectualpeoplepodcast.com
    • TIPP YouTube Channel
« Reply #2 on: 13 Feb 2010, 01:02 pm »

Very much looking forward to the review.  Congrats on the circle Blair! :thumb:

pardales

« Reply #3 on: 13 Feb 2010, 01:40 pm »
Congratulations on the new circle. I look forward to it growing, flourishing, and becoming an essential part of Audio Circle.

Ericus Rex

« Reply #4 on: 13 Feb 2010, 01:45 pm »
Now that you've made it to the Big-Time don't slow down with the informative posts!  You get us thinking about amp design like no one else on this site!

Congrats!    :thumb:

Niteshade

• Niteshade Audio
« Reply #5 on: 13 Feb 2010, 01:55 pm »
I want to thank everybody for your support. Your votes meant allot and I will keep up with the informative posts.

ebag4

« Reply #6 on: 13 Feb 2010, 03:02 pm »
Congrats on the circle Blair, well deserved IMO.

Best,
Ed

FullRangeMan

• Volunteer
  • To whom more was given more will be required.
    • Never go to a psychiatrist, adopt a straycat or dog. On the street they live only two years average.
« Reply #7 on: 13 Feb 2010, 03:34 pm »
Hi Mr.Blair, Congratulation for your new board message, wish many success for you in here.
Gustavo

Bill Baker

• Industry Participant
  • Purity Audio Design -Custom Design and Manufacturi
    • Musica Bella Audio
« Reply #8 on: 14 Feb 2010, 04:49 pm »
Welcome aboard Blair. Glad to see you now have your own official circle. Be sure to add a link on your web site.

starkiller

Amp review...finally!!
« Reply #9 on: 12 Jun 2010, 03:57 pm »
Finally have a review of the NS-40 amp by NiteShade. I am not a reviewer for TAS or Stereophile or the like so no fancy phrases and such, just my thoughts in small words :)

This is a great amp, there, review over :)  Not really over but the sentence is true nonetheless.  It replaced a C-J MV-52 and sounds so much better.  Deeper and tauter bass, much better soundstage and smoother highs. Music played has been a very wide selection of stuff, CTA, The Church, Steeleye Span, Zevon, Al Dimeola, James Hunter, H.I.M., Strawbs, Captain Beyond, Marches and Overtures by Paray and lots lots more.  Very smooth, very nice.  Got the toes a tappin' and the head a bobbin'  :)

What's also nice is the reduction in heat that the NiteShade throws out compared to the C-J.  The variable tuning has been pretty cool to play with also and I think I have the N2X's all dialed in now.  And yes, I have heard some things on the recordings I had not heard before.  And this on discs I am very very familiar with. Enough so that I actually look up from my computer screen and say, "what was that?"  :)

Anyway, like I said, I am not a golden tongue reviewer but I know what I like and hear and I sure do love what I hear from this amp!!

Niteshade

• Niteshade Audio
« Reply #10 on: 21 Jun 2010, 11:54 am »
Thank you for your review!

This NS-40 was based on 1960's commercial grade iron from Leslie. Compatible tubes include anything from 6L6's to KT88's. We used 12AU7's for the driver stage. Other features include tunable biasing and variable feedback.