Wolfman

Bigfish

Wolfman
« on: 10 Feb 2010, 03:07 pm »
Guys:

There is a large article in the today's issue of the USA Today in the Life Section about the movie Wolfman which is scheduled for release on Friday.  I am confident many of you have seen the trailer advertisements on TV and wondering how many of you are planning to see this one?  I am probably going to try to go this weekend as we are scheduled for another cold weekend!

Ken

PeteG

Re: Wolfman
« Reply #1 on: 11 Feb 2010, 01:32 am »
What I’ve seen so far it looks very good.

Danberg

« Reply #2 on: 11 Feb 2010, 03:50 am »
"Rotten Tomatoes" website gave it a 28%, quite a low rating (100% is the highest rating).  For my tastes in film, "Rotten Tomatoes" ratings coincide closely to how much I enjoy a film or not.  If you find that your tastes in film coincide with their ratings, stick with the ones that are rated 78% or HIGHER.

Wind Chaser

« Reply #3 on: 11 Feb 2010, 03:54 am »
For my tastes in film, "Rotten Tomatoes" ratings coincide closely to how much I enjoy a film or not.  If you find that your tastes in film coincide with their ratings, stick with the ones that are rated 78% or HIGHER.

:thumb: That's what I do; however there are always exceptions to the rule, most notably with what I call overrated films. :?

rydenfan

« Reply #4 on: 12 Feb 2010, 01:59 pm »
I plan to see it this weekend and will report back

Bigfish

« Reply #5 on: 13 Feb 2010, 02:00 am »
My wife told me she read a review today which gave Wolfman a rating of 1 star.  I guess I will probably wait for it to come out on DVD/BluRay.

Ken

goldlizsts

• Let Music Flow!
« Reply #6 on: 13 Feb 2010, 02:50 am »
Guys:

There is a large article in the today's issue of the USA Today in the Life Section about the movie Wolfman which is scheduled for release on Friday.  I am confident many of you have seen the trailer advertisements on TV and wondering how many of you are planning to see this one?  I am probably going to try to go this weekend as we are scheduled for another cold weekend!

Ken

Save your money.  Not worth a trip to the movie place.  1 star is appropriate.  Saw it today because at AMC it's only $6 before noon.  The begining was sloooow, and seemed aimless, as I stuck my neck out, wondering when Wolfman will show up.  Guess even when it showed up, there was nothing scary about it.  The way it ended, doesn't seem there's a sequel coming.  Quite smart decision, and appropriate? :duh:

ooheadsoo

« Reply #7 on: 13 Feb 2010, 03:36 am »
I read an article earlier in the week about the movie.  Seems there were major budget issues and several director changes, and what the final director had to say about himself was something to the effect of, "I told the Studio, if you want to finish the movie quickly and within budget, I'm your man!"