Blog

DMurphy

• Industry Participant
    • SalkSound
Blog
« on: 9 Feb 2010, 03:30 pm »
I don't know how many of you have noticed the "blog" link on the home page and checked it out.  Jim has several very well done discussions, and he just added one I did on crossovers 101.  You might want to check it out--losts of illustrations and I tried to keep it simple.  If you're interested in this or the other topics, it's worth signing in and asking some questions.  Uncle Sam gave me another day off, and we're expecting another 15" on top of the 2 feet that are already on the ground, so I ain't got much to do other than design new speakers and answer crossover questions.  And walk to the Safeway. 

Nuance

Re: Blog
« Reply #1 on: 9 Feb 2010, 03:39 pm »
I love the article entitled "The role of cognitive dissonance in audio, or “how your brain influences what you hear;" reminds me of the power conditioner discussion I was having the other day in which a few people claimed they are the most important piece in the audio chain, professing they heard huge differences in their systems.   :roll:  Maybe they did "hear" a difference, but it certainly wasn't due to an actual change in sound (unless their was an audible noise issue before they added the power conditioner).

Thanks for the info Dennis.  I'll be keeping up on the blog.   :thumb:

vintagebob

« Reply #2 on: 9 Feb 2010, 03:46 pm »
Nice article Dennis.  Thanks for sharing.

rahimlee54

« Reply #3 on: 9 Feb 2010, 05:25 pm »
Looks like good info, I'll give them a read later on today.  I try to stay away from Jim's page looking leads to buying :).

randybessinger

« Reply #4 on: 9 Feb 2010, 09:26 pm »
Excellent articles Jim and Dennis.  I really lliked the crossover and cognitive articles.  Really well done.

intamin22

« Reply #5 on: 10 Feb 2010, 04:33 pm »
I enjoyed reading these articles while I was posted up in bed sick. Great stuff!

OgOgilby

« Reply #6 on: 10 Feb 2010, 05:52 pm »
Interesting and informative reading - thanks Jim and Dennis!