Stereovox HDVX, VS Bolder NAPALM

bubba966

« Reply #40 on: 24 Feb 2004, 06:53 am »
Quote from: satfrat
Quote from: Rob Babcock
I wonder how the Stereovox would respond to some Bybees?
      They don't. I tried some Bybee inlines on Lonewolf's HDXV and it ruined the crystal clear sound, which was the cable's strong point. This surprised me considering how much the Bybee's had opened up my old Monster Cable Datalink and my present Ridge Street Digital Link. Regards, Robin

Looks like you got your answer Rob. :lol:

Robin's right, the strong point of the HDXV is how clear it is. And if installing a Bybee ruins that, then there's no reason to use it. You might as well just get a Napalm at the point. Hell it'd be cheaper than a HDXV & a Inline Bybee. And the Napalm is even cleaner than the HDXV, but w/out the brightness the HDXV has.

Rob Babcock

• Volunteer
« Reply #41 on: 24 Feb 2004, 07:05 am »
The Napalm is looking better and better.  But right now I've got a few things I need worse than a new coax cable.  I've been using the Zu Firemine I bought from you, and while I'm sure the Napalm is quite a step up, I really don't wanna blow the coin right at this moment.

bubba966

« Reply #42 on: 24 Feb 2004, 07:08 am »
Yeah, go for some 8th Nerve response controllers first. Then you can get a Napalm. :mrgreen:

Too bad I never tried that Firemine. Have no idea where that stands w/everything else I've tried.

satfrat

• Restricted
  • Boston Red Sox!! 2004 / 2007 / 2013
« Reply #43 on: 24 Feb 2004, 08:09 am »
Quote from: bubba966
Sounds like it's going to be a digital coax fest next weekend in NYC.

And here's another conteder that'll be there next weekend...
                                               If you think I'm gonna stand by and let you steal the show in NY this weekend Bubba, think again! Ridge Street WILL be there with the Silver Bybee Boys looking for a fight,,, eer, I mean fest. Wish I could bring it in person tho. :mrgreen:  8) Regards, Robin

Mad DOg

« Reply #44 on: 24 Feb 2004, 08:52 am »
Quote from: bubba966
...Too bad I never tried that Firemine. Have no idea where that stands w/everything else I've tried.
bubba966,

that's ok, cuz i've tried it and found the onix thunder to be quite a bit better...you aren't missing anything here...

lonewolfny42

• Speakers....What Speakers ?
« Reply #45 on: 24 Feb 2004, 09:02 am »
Hey MadDog, Care to ship you cable to the NY Rave on Saturday....sure others would be interested in hearing it ! What say you ? :)

satfrat

• Restricted
  • Boston Red Sox!! 2004 / 2007 / 2013
« Reply #46 on: 24 Feb 2004, 09:11 am »
Quote from: lonewolfny42
Hey MadDog, Care to ship you cable to the NY Rave on Saturday....sure others would be interested in hearing it ! What say you ? :)
:o :?: :o

Mad DOg

« Reply #47 on: 24 Feb 2004, 09:50 pm »

lonewolfny42,

thanks for the invite, but since i don't have any spare digital cables of equal quality at the moment to connect my transport to the DAC, i'm gonna  pass... i had to go without my 2 ch system for over 2 weeks recently when i sent my DAC in for upgrading so i'm not exactly ready to be without it again for another 2 weeks...sounds like you guys are in for a fun session! :)

lonewolfny42

• Speakers....What Speakers ?
« Reply #48 on: 24 Feb 2004, 09:56 pm »
Quote from: Mad DOg

lonewolfny42,

thanks for the invite, but since i don't have any spare digital cables of equal quality at the moment to connect my transport to the DAC, i'm gonna  pass... i had to go without my 2 ch system for over 2 weeks recently when i sent my DAC in for upgrading so i'm not exactly ready to be without it again for another 2 weeks...sounds like you guys are in for a fun session! :)
MD , Come on now :roll: .....with all the members you know in your area, no one can loan you a cable for a few days, so us NY'ers can hear the Onix ? If you like, I'll pay for the shipping and insurance both ways. So , how bout it ? :)

zybar

• Volunteer
  • Dutch and Dutch 8C's…yes they are that good!
« Reply #49 on: 25 Feb 2004, 04:50 am »
Seems like the focus of this meeting is digital ic's and dacs.

What preamps are people using?

I need to find a preamp that is a good match for my Rowland 201's without breaking the bank $2K (used or new).  

GW

Mad DOg

« Reply #50 on: 25 Feb 2004, 08:57 am »
MD , Come on now :roll: .....with all the members you know in your area, no one can loan you a cable for a few days, so us NY'ers can hear the Onix ? If you like, I'll pay for the shipping and insurance both ways. So , how bout it ? :)
no can do, lonewolf...i'm currently auditioning a pair of eichmann eXpress6 ICs and eXpress AC cable so i need my digital cable...

DSK

« Reply #51 on: 25 Feb 2004, 09:39 pm »
[/quote]no can do, lonewolf...i'm currently auditioning a pair of eichmann eXpress6 ICs and eXpress AC cable so i need my digital cable...[/quote]

I'd be interested to hear your thoughts on the Eichmann AC Enhancer. I've been using them on my Sony SCD-XA777ES, mod'd Aspen GK-1 and Plinius SA100/3 for the last couple of years with excellent results. They killed my Synergistic AC Master Couplers. StereoTimes recently preferred them to the US$1000 Viper cable and John Stronczer (Mr Bel Canto) uses them in his personal system at home.

What AC cords are you comparing them to?

Mad DOg

« Reply #52 on: 26 Feb 2004, 02:22 am »
Quote from: DSK
...I'd be interested to hear your thoughts on the Eichmann AC Enhancer...

What AC cords are you comparing them to?
DSK,

i'll post my thoughts in a few weeks in the Critic's Circle on the Eichmann products currently in my possession...they certainly do represent amazing value...i'll be comparing them to some heavy hitter ICs so it's going to be real interesting how they compare head to head...

Hooge

« Reply #53 on: 2 Mar 2004, 04:53 am »
Just picked up an HDXV not that long ago. Anybody know if the HDXV is directional?

witchdoctor

« Reply #54 on: 2 Mar 2004, 05:09 am »
no it's not