Need ideas in quest for new speakers .....

NagysAudio

• http://www.nagysaudio.com
Re: Need ideas in quest for new speakers .....
« Reply #40 on: 12 Feb 2010, 04:39 pm »
Goldmund makes the very best speakers BY FAR and nothing even comes close to compare. At your budget of 15K, you should look at Logos1 and Logos2 (bass unit). www.goldmund.com

Nuance

« Reply #41 on: 12 Feb 2010, 06:07 pm »
^ That's two posts I have seen you make claiming "Product A is the best."  Come on dude, this hobby is too opinionated and subjective to make such blanket statements.  Give the guy some recommendations, but try not to force your opinion on people as fact. 

I always thought AVS was much worse than AC when it came to this stuff, but I think I was wrong; seen a lot of it here lately. 

David C

• Don't try and lay no boogie woogie on the king
« Reply #42 on: 12 Feb 2010, 06:26 pm »
Thanks for all of the responses. I am scheduled to go listen to the Wilson sophias a week from tomorrow and after talking with a few folks plan to go back and take my amps to listen to the Usher Be10s again. I am going to try and arrange a listen to the HT3s or if out the HT4 Salks when I am back in the US late spring. The suggestion to listen listen listen I am going to follow. I will let you know how the journey goes.

toobluvr

« Reply #43 on: 12 Feb 2010, 06:36 pm »
^ That's two posts I have seen you make claiming "Product A is the best."  Come on dude, this hobby is too opinionated and subjective to make such blanket statements.  Give the guy some recommendations, but try not to force your opinion on people as fact. 

I always thought AVS was much worse than AC when it came to this stuff, but I think I was wrong; seen a lot of it here lately.

I agree 100%.

Any experienced audio person knows how ridiculous his comments are.   He loses credibility and certainly does his company no favors with such nonsence.  Personally, I would never buy from anyone who spoke in such absolutes.

lcrim

« Reply #44 on: 12 Feb 2010, 06:37 pm »
NagysAudio:
I believe that you are skating on fairly thin ice here.  The Guide to the Rules if you are an Industry Participant can be found here- http://www.audiocircle.com/index.php?topic=42858.0
While you may not sell the particular speaker, you do sell a part for it and as such you should keep such discussions to the Industry section.
I would note also that your observance of the Rules for Industry Participants has been somewhat cavalier.

doug s.

• makin' music
« Reply #45 on: 12 Feb 2010, 07:02 pm »
Goldmund makes the very best speakers BY FAR and nothing even comes close to compare.

:o

:rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

doug s.

mcullinan

« Reply #46 on: 12 Feb 2010, 07:07 pm »
These are speakers that made me cry!  Yes like a little girl!
The Ascendo M
http://www.ascendo.de/asc/html/index100.html

doug s.

• makin' music
« Reply #47 on: 12 Feb 2010, 07:10 pm »
The Ascendo M
huh?  are you nuts?  they certainly cannot compare to the goldmunds!  they make the very best speakers BY FAR and nothing even comes close to compare!   :lol:

doug s.

JeffBrown

« Reply #48 on: 12 Feb 2010, 07:30 pm »
If I had that kind of Coin, I would certainly give the MBL speakers a listen.  The 101-E would be my first choice.  It would have to be a smoking deal or used to pick them up for 15K but it could happen.  The 116 is also very beautiful sounding for far less, more likely to find in your price range.

In answer to the obvious Goldmunds question.  I haven't heard the Goldmunds, but I hope these or even the nicer MBLs could place in the top 5-10 speakers compared to them.

Jeff Brown

rollo

• Industry Participant
  • Rollo Audio Consulting -
« Reply #49 on: 12 Feb 2010, 08:28 pm »
Jeff whatever speaker you listen to please please bring your pre and amp. Unless you are willing to change those as well any demo is moot. If the dealer refuses go to another dealer. Shoot bring the front end to apples to apples man. Good luck in your venture. There is NO best only what is best to you.
charles

Nuance

« Reply #50 on: 12 Feb 2010, 08:55 pm »
huh?  are you nuts?  they certainly cannot compare to the goldmunds!  they make the very best speakers BY FAR and nothing even comes close to compare!   :lol:

doug s.

LMAO!  :lol:

doug s.

• makin' music
« Reply #51 on: 13 Feb 2010, 01:25 am »
in all seriousness, if i were in the uk, i would be inwestigating proac, piega, german physiks, and offerings by bert doppenberg:
http://www.bd-design.nl/

all different presentations, and all outstanding, imo.  while i have not heard the german physiks, i have heard ohm's, and the g-p uses a much improved walsh-type driver, so i would imagine the sound to be nothing less than excellent...  i'd add a line source speaker to the mix, but don't know of a euro-based line-source off the top of my head.  perhaps b-g?  oh yeah, i'd also love to hear the elac's, w/the omni ribbon tweet...

doug s.

Acoquiner

« Reply #52 on: 16 Feb 2010, 02:01 pm »
I'm surprised that no-one has mentioned Dynaudio, from Denmark. The C2s are about $12,000/ pair, I think, and are fabulous speakers, beautiful but without frills. I think you get more real value than with almost any other speaker I have heard. Unfortunately I personally have only heard these in showrooms; they are a bit too expensive for me.

arthurs

« Reply #53 on: 16 Feb 2010, 02:46 pm »
The Ascendo M

Many very worthy suggestions in this thread, makes for tough decisions....I would second the Ascendo as a line to listen to.  Even their more modestly priced C-8 is terrific sounding.  (modestly priced as they relate to the Ascendo lineup)  I heard them over the holidays and was very impressed with them.  You can set up some tough choices out of many mentioned (except the Goldmund of course which are the very best in the world by far :wink: ) Comes down to what you can hear and what you prefer....