RM/x Price Increase

John Casler

RM/x Price Increase
« on: 24 Jan 2004, 01:38 am »
Effective March 1st, 2004 the VMPS RM/x will have a price increase from the current $9800 list to $12,000 list.

Don't be caught out in the cold without your pair of what many think is the best speaker system at any price.

I heard many $40-$60,000 systems at CES recently and the RM/x is not only the equal, but the better of any of them.

Do be aware that they take some time to get, but all say that the wait is definatley worth it.

If you have any questions contact Brian or your VMPS dealer.

(or of course me :mrgreen: )

KJ

RM/x price increase
« Reply #1 on: 24 Jan 2004, 02:20 am »
Any specific reason for the price increase?  Product improvement?  Sheer revenue?   :?:

KJ

pjchappy

RM/x Price Increase
« Reply #2 on: 24 Jan 2004, 02:30 am »
From the bits and pieces I have read over the past months, the RM/X is more expensive and takes longer to produce than originally thought.

p

Brian Cheney

• http://www.vmpsaudio.com
rm/x
« Reply #3 on: 24 Jan 2004, 02:56 am »
Yes, just a little bit more than expected.  Each (empty) cabinet currently costs us $4900.

If we can't get the cabinet price in hand the system will eventually sell for $44,000pr.

B

ekovalsky

RM/x Price Increase
« Reply #4 on: 24 Jan 2004, 03:07 am »
:dance:

KJ

RM/x Price Increase
« Reply #5 on: 24 Jan 2004, 03:12 am »
I appreciate the forward answer Brian.  I've asked similar questions of other high-end manufacturers regarding price increases and was rewarded with less respectable answers.  Some of your articles discuss this on the VMPS web site.  Thanks again (especially in open forum).

-KJ

ekovalsky

RM/x Price Increase
« Reply #6 on: 24 Jan 2004, 03:20 am »
"Sheer revenue" = http://www.wilsonaudio.com

mgalusha

RM/x Price Increase
« Reply #7 on: 24 Jan 2004, 04:18 am »
"Sheer revenue" = http://www.victoriassecret.com/

:lol:

Now back to our regularly scheduled topic.  :wink:

John Casler

RM/x Price Increase
« Reply #8 on: 24 Jan 2004, 04:44 am »
Just viewed the Wilson site and the X-2 Alexandria lists for $125,000 :o  :o

That is for TWO, (as in a pair of) speakers.  Admittedly they do sound quite good and without a doubt much is spent to make them cosmetically sound (ugly by some standards)

Now in VMPS dollars we would have the following 7.4 system:

Left and Right Mains = RM/x at $9800
Center = RM/x at $4900
Side surrounds = RM/x at $9800
Rear surrounds = RM/x at $9800
Stereo SUBS = pair of LARGERs at $914 = $1830
LFE SUBS = pair of LARGERs at $914 = $1830
AMPS= 9 AMPZilla 2K at $24,750
HT Processor = Lexicon MC12 = $9000
Audiophile 2 channel Pre = Your choice $8000
Linn Unversal Player = $11,000
=====================
$125,010  (oops $10 over :nono: )

I wonder which system would sound better???? :mrgreen:

Can you freakin' imagine???

But if you buy through a dealer (AudioCircle courtesty pricing of course) you might be able to even get a great Front Projection system in there 8)

Operators are standing (sitting) by. :lol:  :lol:

John Casler

RM/x Price Increase
« Reply #9 on: 24 Jan 2004, 04:46 am »
Quote from: mgalusha
"Sheer revenue" = http://www.victoriassecret.com/

:lol:

Now back to our regularly scheduled topic.  :wink:

If you went two channel stereo, ya might be able to even afford one of those VS models?????? :o  :o

Housteau

RM/x Price Increase
« Reply #10 on: 24 Jan 2004, 06:16 am »
Has the RM/x surpassed the Super Tower III (NEO), placing it as the top VMPS model?

Ernest

Re: rm/x
« Reply #11 on: 25 Jan 2004, 01:41 am »
Quote from: Brian Cheney
Yes, just a little bit more than expected.  Each (empty) cabinet currently costs us $4900.

If we can't get the cabinet price in hand the system will eventually sell for $44,000pr.
B

Ouch!  Are you serious about the $44,000 price?  Or are you just saying it will be quite a bit more expensive.  That's a difference for me between maybe possible and absolutely impossible.

rkapadia@ROOP

• Industry Participant
RM/x Price Increase
« Reply #12 on: 8 Feb 2004, 10:31 pm »
Hello all,

To reiterate what John said, sadly we've received information from Big B himself that the new RMX retail of $12000 list is now in effect.  Please contact for further information.

Regards,

lkosova

• http://www.AutomatedHomeandBusiness.com
RM/x Price Increase
« Reply #13 on: 9 Feb 2004, 03:05 pm »
Roop,

Look at the start of this thread...It's not March 1, 2204 yet. Is it???

Larry

APOGEE

RM/x Price Increase
« Reply #14 on: 9 Feb 2004, 08:06 pm »
I have been following the VMPS posts on this site for months now and was considering setting up a listening session of the RMX this month, with a planned purchase before the end of Feb.  Hmmm...if the price change is in effect NOW, I will have to postpone a purchase, saving more quarters from the paper route. :cry:

maxwalrath

RM/x Price Increase
« Reply #15 on: 9 Feb 2004, 08:16 pm »
I feel your pain...I will have to work the full 168 hours per week in the coming weeks to be able to afford them before the increase. I will also have to sell everything else I own and give up food and shelter.

APOGEE

RM/x Price Increase
« Reply #16 on: 9 Feb 2004, 08:43 pm »
maxwalrath:

Maybe we need to start a cyber-support group for those scraping the barrel for every last cent to afford a new pair of RMX's.

Wayne1

RM/x Price Increase
« Reply #17 on: 9 Feb 2004, 08:53 pm »
I have a customer here in Denver interested in a pair of RM/X.

I exchanged e-mails with Brian this morning about the price increase.

He said "If the customer is willing to prepay in full before Mar 1 the price is $9800pr. Orders received after 3/1 will be at the new price."

Brian Cheney

• http://www.vmpsaudio.com
rmx
« Reply #18 on: 9 Feb 2004, 10:18 pm »
Yes, and if you want to kick in a few extra bucks we'd appreciate it.

We're looking into having the fronts made of moulded wood--requires a big machine but would cut the cost of the cabinet without affecting performance.

The RM/X and Dorne Dibble's shop are featured on the cover of this month's "Voicecoil" Magazine.  I'm getting a PDF file and will be able to post pix and text on this forum.

rkapadia@ROOP

• Industry Participant
RM/x Price Increase
« Reply #19 on: 10 Feb 2004, 03:36 am »
I'm not one to speak for Brian regarding the March 1 deadline date, but I was told the previous retail price is no longer in effect for orders that haven't been prepaid in full.  I'd be more than happy to offer the speakers at the old retail price with Brian's permission...please don't shoot the messenger.  For those of you who are seriously considering an RMX in the immediate future (especially current VMPS owners), please contact Brian directly.

Regards,