ipad the ultime itunes remote?

lokie

Re: ipad the ultime itunes remote?
« Reply #20 on: 4 Feb 2010, 09:25 pm »
The point is to watch video on the IPad and have the sound come out of the stereo. 

Mariusz

« Reply #21 on: 4 Feb 2010, 09:53 pm »
OK  :scratch:

low.pfile

« Reply #22 on: 4 Feb 2010, 10:12 pm »
Well... what I meant was to control it like a remote computer not just the limited Itune functions.
The point is to watch video on the IPad and have the sound come out of the stereo. 

I see where you are going: You want the iPad to be a VNC client(aka remote viewer/input device) for the main mac media server connected to your audio system, which allows you to view the videos on the iPad which are playing on your host computer. Likely possible but to the level of quality you desire....

I wish I could say I am running Snow leopard with screen sharing but I am back a rev or two so maybe there is some improvement but I doubt anything signficant on the data streaming side. But I use a VNC application(netTunes) on my macbookpro via wifi and the video lag  prohibits any video viewing--using iTunes Coverflow there a significant stutter on the iphone/touch side: I never use coverflow. Jaadu VNC is just an iphone app for the that has the same functionality. Has anyone viewed video on their iphone using Jaadu? what is the lag?

Crimson

« Reply #23 on: 5 Feb 2010, 12:37 am »
Has anyone viewed video on their iphone using Jaadu? what is the lag?

Lag is the least of your problems. It's unwatchable at a possible 2-4 fps, if that.

lokie

« Reply #24 on: 5 Feb 2010, 01:02 pm »
I see where you are going: You want the iPad to be a VNC client(aka remote viewer/input device) for the main mac media server connected to your audio system, which allows you to view the videos on the iPad which are playing on your host computer. Likely possible but to the level of quality you desire....

I wish I could say I am running Snow leopard with screen sharing but I am back a rev or two so maybe there is some improvement but I doubt anything signficant on the data streaming side. But I use a VNC application(netTunes) on my macbookpro via wifi and the video lag  prohibits any video viewing--using iTunes Coverflow there a significant stutter on the iphone/touch side: I never use coverflow. Jaadu VNC is just an iphone app for the that has the same functionality. Has anyone viewed video on their iphone using Jaadu? what is the lag?

Thank you for taking one post to explain what I couldn't do in four.

Lag is the least of your problems. It's unwatchable at a possible 2-4 fps, if that.

I was hoping that since video looks decent over a 3G network that maybe it would look at least as good over a wireless home network.

What about task like fixing album art or surfing the net- again using the Ipad as the video screen for the host/stereo computer. For example: crusing  the All Music website to research an album/ artist and listening to the samples on your system?

Mariusz

« Reply #25 on: 5 Feb 2010, 01:24 pm »
Yes you can do it and it works OK.
But video will suck ..... really.
Unless they come up with new/better apps for it & Ipad.

PhilNYC

« Reply #26 on: 5 Feb 2010, 02:42 pm »
OK-  that is cool.

So it basically turns the IPad into a full blown Mac?

Any limitations? For ex. can you stream YouTube or watch a movie, etc. ?

The iPad runs on the iPhone OS and is compatible with all iPhone apps.  So yes, there is a YouTube app that runs on the iPad (I assume it ships with the YouTube app installed just like the iPhone is).