WTB: MHDT Havana or Paradisea 3
« on: 28 Jan 2010, 10:56 pm »
Looking for an MHDT Havana NOS DAC.
« Last Edit: 3 Feb 2010, 11:39 pm by Alexdad54 »

Tyson

• Audio - It's all a big fake.
Re: WTB: MHDT Havana
« Reply #1 on: 29 Jan 2010, 05:34 am »
I might have one for sale very soon.  I just got a DEQX and if it's as good as I'm hoping it will be, the Havana is going up for sale.

Alexdad54

Re: WTB: MHDT Havana
« Reply #2 on: 29 Jan 2010, 01:05 pm »
Sounds interesting, keep me posted.
BTW, is the DEQX a DAC? I thought it was more of an equalizer...I also have to check out your single malt journey story today...might give me some ideas! :green:

Alexdad54

Re: WTB: MHDT Havana or Paradisea 3
« Reply #3 on: 3 Feb 2010, 11:40 pm »
bump
Title modified, these things are hard to find! :scratch:

mshan

« Reply #4 on: 3 Feb 2010, 11:57 pm »
I think I saw at least one previously listed in this forum:  http://www.head-fi.org/forums/f43/

Alexdad54

« Reply #5 on: 4 Feb 2010, 12:06 am »
I think I saw at least one previously listed in this forum:  http://www.head-fi.org/forums/f43/
Thanks for the heads-up. I've been checking that forum and the 'gon as well pretty regularly, the only ones up have been either the  original Paradisea or the "plus" not the "3" model. There seem to be some pros and cons for all the models but I think (and this is just a guess  :?) that the "3" is closest to  the Havana.....

mshan

« Reply #6 on: 4 Feb 2010, 12:40 am »
Sounds like frequent google searches might be your best additional bet.

Alexdad54

« Reply #7 on: 4 Feb 2010, 01:04 am »
Sounds like frequent google searches might be your best additional bet.
I'm on it! In fact, one did  just drop off A'gon(I had made an offer but never heard back) but here's hopin'! :thumb:

Nick77

« Reply #8 on: 4 Feb 2010, 01:39 am »
Thanks for the heads-up. I've been checking that forum and the 'gon as well pretty regularly, the only ones up have been either the  original Paradisea or the "plus" not the "3" model. There seem to be some pros and cons for all the models but I think (and this is just a guess  :?) that the "3" is closest to  the Havana.....
I had read a direct comparison review between the plus and the number 3 and the reviewer declared their was no sonic difference only visual.

Alexdad54

« Reply #9 on: 4 Feb 2010, 01:23 pm »
Thanks for the tip Nick. I'm still hoping to get a Havana though, might as well go for broke (literally! :lol:)
Dave

Nick77

« Reply #10 on: 4 Feb 2010, 01:32 pm »
Thanks for the tip Nick. I'm still hoping to get a Havana though, might as well go for broke (literally! :lol:)
Dave

Good luck on the search, i would love to hear the Havana. I own the plus model and once i swapped out the output caps with sonicaps and installed a GE 5 star tube it now has the transparency it lacked.  :green:

morganc

« Reply #11 on: 4 Feb 2010, 04:19 pm »
HI Nick,
   Where did you get your 5 star GE tube?  I am looking all over for one with little success.....and how difficult is it to do the mods you described? 
Thanks,
Morgan

ldandha

« Reply #12 on: 4 Feb 2010, 05:53 pm »
Dave

Dave, I have both the Havana and Paradisea+.  You can contact me offline if you're interested in purchasing either one these.

-rj

Nick77

« Reply #13 on: 4 Feb 2010, 06:24 pm »
HI Nick,
   Where did you get your 5 star GE tube?  I am looking all over for one with little success.....and how difficult is it to do the mods you described? 
Thanks,
Morgan
I got the GE triple mica 5 star from a gal on ebay, i didnt see her ad anymore so she must have sold out. The WE 396a is also very good.
I picked up the Sonicaps from GR Research and the mod isnt very difficult. You just have to remove the board to solder from underneath. The board is pretty easy to work on. The mod yielded huge results in being more smooth and musicial, with better detail and bass. PM me if you need help.

Tyson

• Audio - It's all a big fake.
« Reply #14 on: 6 Feb 2010, 07:38 am »
OK, the DEQX is all I thought it might be (and more), so the Havana is yours if you want it (PM me).

Alexdad54

« Reply #15 on: 6 Feb 2010, 03:46 pm »
OK, the DEQX is all I thought it might be (and more), so the Havana is yours if you want it (PM me).

PM sent.

pardales

« Reply #16 on: 6 Feb 2010, 03:55 pm »
There is a Havana for sale on Audiogon right now.

Alexdad54

« Reply #17 on: 7 Feb 2010, 03:43 pm »
There is a Havana for sale on Audiogon right now.
Thanks Pardales. I'm waiting to hear back from Tyson but the Audiogon one is another option. Would have to be shipped from France though.....

Will2

« Reply #18 on: 7 Feb 2010, 08:52 pm »
Another Havana listed on AudiogoN - this time in the US of A!

Alexdad54

« Reply #19 on: 8 Feb 2010, 12:13 pm »
Another Havana listed on AudiogoN - this time in the US of A!
That is now sold. Still hoping to hear from Tyson....if, not the Quest continues..... :green: