Icon AMP + CM1?

Double-C

Icon AMP + CM1?
« on: 26 Jan 2010, 06:34 pm »
This is just a general question, but would I be ok to pair the Icon AMP & a pair of B&W CM1s on my computer? The listening distance is about 3-4 feet from my head.

The sound card is an Auzentech Forte if that matters.

rustydoglim

• Industry Contributor
    • www.nuprimeaudio.com
Re: Icon AMP + CM1?
« Reply #1 on: 27 Jan 2010, 12:22 pm »
Not a problem. Icon Amp can drive our S-9 to pretty loud volume (to the point where bass vibrates the ceiling).

Double-C

« Reply #2 on: 3 Feb 2010, 02:51 pm »
I got the Icon AMP in yesterday (thanks nuforce Help Desk team)! This is so strange, I didn't think this amp would make such a difference in my sound. I'm still not sure if it's the placebo effect, but everything sounds far brighter than it did!

I'll have to play around with it some more today, as I only got about an hour with it last night.

There is an audible *pop* within the unit a second after I turn it off, but I read this goes away after awhile, am I correct?

rustydoglim

• Industry Contributor
    • www.nuprimeaudio.com
« Reply #3 on: 4 Feb 2010, 06:52 pm »
Not sure what you have before, but Icon Amp is pretty good :)
The turn off pop that you hear comes from with the Icon Amp?  Or the speaker?
I am not sure if there is any turn off pop but if it is not loud, just ignore it. Or don't turn off the Icon amp, it doesn't consume much electricity during idle.

Double-C

« Reply #4 on: 5 Feb 2010, 04:56 pm »
I had a Integra 2.1 Receiver, it could pump out about 100 watts per channel, but I would never turn it up that high for something about 3 feet form my skull. The ICON AMP is the perfect size for a desk and suits my needs.

I'm really not worried about the *POP* either, and I do just leave it on all the time so no worries.

Singapore

« Reply #5 on: 12 Feb 2010, 06:37 pm »
eh.. I think the pop you are hearing comes from the Icon Amp.. I get it as well.