VR4-Jr MkIII's

DKane

VR4-Jr MkIII's
« on: 25 Jan 2010, 05:27 pm »
Hello VSA people!  I've been a long-time lurker here and finally decided to speak-up and say hello :thumb:.  Beyond the introduction - my question to you has to do with the VR4-jr Mk3's...  It so happens that I was / am one of the beta-testers for that new version, and as such I'd really like to get in touch with other folks who tested it for Albert, and to get your impressions of it's performance, it both absolute, and relative terms.  I know many of you will, of course, be comparring it to the Mk2 model, which is appropriate and useful, but I never had the pleasure to hear the Mk2 version so please don't limit the comparison to just that!  I'd like to know:  How do you have them set-up (placement relative to boundaries), how are they powered, what are they replacing, and of course - how do they perform for you?  Lastly, and not quite on topic, why do you suppose there is still no mention of them on the VSA wesite?
Thanks very much - I look forward to reading about your impressions.

es347

• Facilitator
  • ..I've got my eye on you...which one you say?
Re: VR4-Jr MkIII's
« Reply #1 on: 25 Jan 2010, 06:46 pm »
There's lots of things that aren't mentioned on the VSA site but I have faith that all will be revealed in good time.  :thumb:

JackD201

Re: VR4-Jr MkIII's
« Reply #2 on: 26 Jan 2010, 08:10 am »
I heard the prototype at CES 08 driven by Audiospace electronics and an APL player. How are they compared to Mk.1s and Mk.2s? Totally different animals. Only the cabinets were the same. More speed and more refinement. No small feat considering how good the Mk1s and Mk2s are. Heck I just bought back a Mk1 for my vacation home.

There has been a delay because the company is busy filling U3 orders and preparing the U1 and U2. It is also due to a long queue at the new US based cabinet  plant.

I have a standing order for 2 pairs of Mk3 Anniversary (Piano black, Mundorf) and Mk3 Standard (African Hazelwood, standard caps). I'm just waiting.