Partexpress?

Bill Baker

• Industry Participant
  • Purity Audio Design -Custom Design and Manufacturi
    • Musica Bella Audio
Re: Partexpress?
« Reply #20 on: 13 Jun 2010, 05:09 pm »
Parts Express is an exceptional company and carries a lot of great products. They have always been very good with customer service and handling the very few problems I have had. I have been dealing with them for over 10 years and never had any problems that were not resolved quickly.

They are a large company with a big following which may explain why they run out of sale products quickly. They also offer a lot of "buy outs" and many customers will order these products by the pallet full.

I have never found their shipping cost to be any more than what I would expect to be normal

Audiovista

• Industry Contributor
    • Vista-Audio
« Reply #21 on: 13 Jun 2010, 05:14 pm »
+1

Their electronics and speakers are great value for the money.

Taterworks

« Reply #22 on: 15 Jun 2010, 12:53 am »
Parts Express is a fantastic company to deal with (and no, I'm not a paid shill). I've never had anything but good luck with their products, and the Dayton APA150 is a STEAL, for as many dollars as watts when both channels are working into 4 ohms. Its ability to do stereo lowpass is also incredible - it would be great for driving helper woofers in a low-power rig. Just remember, if it looks cheap, and is cheap, it probably sounds cheap, but the user reviews help you avoid any outright duds among their product range. If you're a speaker DIYer, you've got to make the pilgrimage in early march for their Tent Sale and DIY event, even though it is a little hyped. If you're a beginning designer looking for good opinions, there's no better 'first' show to start bringing your products to.

hasekisgod

« Reply #23 on: 20 Sep 2010, 09:00 pm »
I've bought lots of stuff from them. The downside is shipping cost.

what do u mean shipping is the downside? when I order anytime from them it is free, but I make sure it is over 98.99 or 99 bucks on the order to get the free shipping. and u have to place it online too to get it. I bought two the the titanic 15" mklll for 173 apiece and u cant beat them for the price specially with the classdaudio amps  :thumb: :thumb:

BTW there RS line drivers are some of the best out there with so so low distortion with how the motor is made. but the x max on it is 14mm which I dont think it will be a problem but the titanic is 20.5mm so I bought the titanics. some say the RS line is best in distortion but I like moving things off my walls so I had to go with the titanics  :drool:

Mariusz

« Reply #24 on: 20 Sep 2010, 10:14 pm »
Do not know their shipping charges since I do what others do - $99.99+ on each order. I might not shop that frequently but when the list is ready ($99+), my basket zooms to check out.
 :thumb:

Phil A

« Reply #25 on: 20 Sep 2010, 10:57 pm »
I'm a big Parts Express fan and have been so for a long time.  I just ordered the Dayton 15 inch sub for the secondary basement system to replace a 16 year old Phase Technology I have which seems to be having issues.  It was on sale at 22% off (out of stock temporarily) and free shipping.  So when I do use the basement system, which is a very large room, I'll have something that can move air.

dvenardos

« Reply #26 on: 22 Sep 2010, 01:47 am »
If you have a small order, order from Amazon with Parts Express fulfillment and you will save on shipping.

Noseyears

• Restricted
  • SS-Audio
    • Supreme Sound Audio
« Reply #27 on: 24 Sep 2010, 12:42 am »
I have ordered parts from PE and they delivered in less than a week...with great prices. A good place to buy.

drphoto

« Reply #28 on: 24 Sep 2010, 01:34 am »
another  :thumb: for the fine folks at PE.

Bill Baker

• Industry Participant
  • Purity Audio Design -Custom Design and Manufacturi
    • Musica Bella Audio
« Reply #29 on: 24 Sep 2010, 02:09 am »
They have recently switched over to using Federal Express for shipping. Half the shipping time and much lower cost. A company that big that ships hundreds of packages a day (I assume) get's real good rates and now with Fed Ex, it;s better than it been in the past with UPS.

I guess OEM accounts don't get the free shipping :(

Feanor

« Reply #30 on: 24 Sep 2010, 06:50 pm »
Has anyone purchase speakers or subwoofers from the company above?  Damn some of their prices are just too damn low.... :drool:

I've bought lots of stuff from PE including speaker parts.  They are very reliable and their house brand products are great for the money.

One small problem for Canadian buyers is that they offer only express company shipping, (I think FedEx); for US Canucks this is very expensive vs. post office, (USPS+Canada Post).  The diffenece is mainly that FedEx and UPS charge exhorbitant brokerage fees whereas Canada Post changes a low fixed amount.

Kenobi

« Reply #31 on: 30 Sep 2010, 02:25 pm »
Good company to deal with for audio.  I've bought lots of stuff from them over the years.  If their shipping rate can improve, they'll have lots more business---at least from me.

Kenobi