Anyone else Ready for Some Playoff Football this Afternoon?

Bigfish

Re: Anyone else Ready for Some Playoff Football this Afternoon?
« Reply #100 on: 25 Jan 2010, 03:07 pm »
I'm not sure if the the Vikings lost the game or the Saints won it.  :scratch: Favre did make a mistake at the end but that was just one in a long line of mistakes made by the whole Vikings team. Favre kept them in the game and, especially considering how many hits he took, played great.

I think he will really retire this time, even though he could probably still play better than most QB's in the NFL for another season.

Typically, when you have two evenly matched teams playing the home field advantage is considered to be 3 points.  I don't think anyone will ever site the noise as being a reason for the Vikings Loss but I think it was a big factor.  I believe they showed a SPL Meter on the ground level in the 2nd quarter and it was registering 105 db.  When they took the measurement it was not one of the loudest periods so it was very, very loud in the Dome.  If there is ever a reason to want home field advantage through-out the playoffs this was certainly the year. 

Again, Congratulations to the Saints and to the Colts.  These teams were the number 1 seeds because they earned it.  Now they get to face each other on a neutral field where many of the people in attendance are corporate sponsors.

Ken

BikeWNC

« Reply #101 on: 25 Jan 2010, 04:47 pm »
With five turnovers it is a wonder the Vikings were in the game at all.  I feel like they should have won the game three different times though.  I think the Vikings got a few questionable decisions on replay.  Both late touchdowns by NO, I wasn't sure either got into the endzone.  The call in OT where the ball looked like it hit the ground on the third down pass.  What were they looking at in the booth?

Still with all that, if Favre runs instead of throws the interception, the Vikings get a shot at a FG to win.  It was a very hard fought game, either team could have won.

satfrat

• Restricted
  • Boston Red Sox!! 2004 / 2007 / 2013
« Reply #102 on: 25 Jan 2010, 07:03 pm »
For what ever it's worth, Bret Farve brought more excitement to the NFL this year then anyone. In my books, he should be MVP, considering his performance yesterday (despite the 2 interceptions). The Dallas game had 43 out of 100 TVs that were on in America, watching the game. While I'm dissapointed that the season is over, it was the most fun I've had in years. Good luck to the Saints, but I think the Colts will kick your ass.

Wayner  8)

That much courtry wide coverage was due to the fact that America was hoping to see their America's Team beat Brett Favre.  :dance:

Cheers,
Robin         

Jason Brent

« Reply #103 on: 25 Jan 2010, 07:22 pm »

That much courtry wide coverage was due to the fact that America was hoping to see their America's Team beat Brett Favre.  :dance:

Cheers,
Robin       

Sadly, this may be true.....I think I read/heard somewhere that whenever the Plowboys play they garner a larger than normal tv audience.

Wayner

« Reply #104 on: 25 Jan 2010, 08:26 pm »
FYI, Farve did sign for 2 years, so I hope he is back next year. All Day can use the off season to figure out how to hold onto the ball, find a new center and get Winfield, Henderson back to 100%. IN a couple of months it's baseball time! Go Twins!

Wayner :lol:

jimdgoulding

« Reply #105 on: 25 Jan 2010, 08:39 pm »
Fran Tarkenton said in an interview on ESPN that the Vikings had better get on finding themselves a QB with more than one or two years endurance.  That they need to do this while they have a quality team in place.  Makes sense.  If they can trade for someone early, he could apprentice under Farve if he returns.  Just a thought.

jsalk

• Industry Contributor
    • Salk Signature Sound
« Reply #106 on: 25 Jan 2010, 08:45 pm »
Just give Favre a line big enough so he can't be touched.  He'd be good for at least another 10 years.

- Jim

satfrat

• Restricted
  • Boston Red Sox!! 2004 / 2007 / 2013
« Reply #107 on: 25 Jan 2010, 10:20 pm »
Just give Favre a line big enough so he can't be touched.  He'd be good for at least another 10 years.

- Jim

IF Brett Farve comes back for 1 more year, I doubt he'll repeat what he accomplished this year. There's no doubt the Viking overexcelled anyone's expectations. But frankly, I'd be really surprised if he doesn't come back as I'm sure Brett doesn't want that last game losing interception play to be his swan song. It would be ashame to have that 1 play be his career ending one, JMO.

Cheers,
Robin