"WhiteOut"

Bigfish

"WhiteOut"
« on: 24 Jan 2010, 03:21 am »
I watched "WhiteOut" tonight and found it to be an interesting mystery.  The movie stars Kate Beckinshale.  While is not a great movie I found it to be entertaining.  Rating 2.75 out of 5 stars.

I thought some about the movie and realize I rated it to high and changed it from 3.5 to 2.75 out of 5 Stars.  The movie kept my interest and is better than some recent BB Selections.

Ken
« Last Edit: 24 Jan 2010, 05:36 pm by Bigfish »

TRADERXFAN

• Trillions will vanish... it's a debt blackhole.
    • GALLERY
Re: "WhiteOut"
« Reply #1 on: 24 Jan 2010, 03:34 am »
Sorry, but I have to give it 1 star....

Just couldn't get over the multitude of glaring flaws in the story, that prevented me from taking anything seriously.

Construct

« Reply #2 on: 26 Jul 2010, 05:08 pm »
I just rented it.  While not bad as the critics make it to be, it is inexplicably flawed.  The CGI plane in the beginning looked pretty fake. The part that really made me say WTH?  was when one of the bad guys gets an ice axe in the thigh-and doesn't even flinch or show any signs of damage from it.  The movie setting and story could have been a winner---reminiscent of the helplessness and isolation of "The thing.".  It fell way short.  While she was searching the morgue area, of course she leaves the doors open...exposing her presence to anyone that is nearby.  Not very astute or stealthy for a detective.  When the main bad guy is exposed, it's treated absurdly hands-off (think point break).  Multiple murders, smuggling, cover-up...and the kid glove treatment.
By ice axe , I mean this:

BobC

« Reply #3 on: 26 Jul 2010, 05:41 pm »
Ditto.  I think it sucked.  Maybe 2 stars.  Thank goodness I saw it for free on the plane  :lol:

thunderbrick

• Volunteer
  • I'm just not right!
« Reply #4 on: 26 Jul 2010, 05:45 pm »
If you saw it on a plane, by definition it sucked!  :duh: :lol:

BobC

« Reply #5 on: 26 Jul 2010, 06:33 pm »
Yeah, definately not hi-fi / hi-def on the plane.  Plus there's always the darn interruptions "bing, this is the Captain, please take your seats..."  Hate that.

But the plot was lacking.  Only the setting and Kate's body kept me going.  Was waiting for something to develop...but it didnt.

Spoiler Alert!

I kept hanging on thinking maybe the mystery cylinder containted something interesting, a la x-files or District 9...but no, only diamonds.   :sleep:
« Last Edit: 27 Jul 2010, 01:45 am by BobC »

Rob Babcock

• Volunteer
« Reply #6 on: 27 Jul 2010, 04:07 am »
You could safely turn it off after Kate Beckinsale's shower scene. :eyebrows: :lol:

Construct

« Reply #7 on: 27 Jul 2010, 04:27 am »
You could safely turn it off after Kate Beckinsale's shower scene. :eyebrows: :lol:
Even then it was a very "PG"  shower scene...  :cry: 

satfrat

• Restricted
  • Boston Red Sox!! 2004 / 2007 / 2013
« Reply #8 on: 27 Jul 2010, 05:01 am »
I just rented it.  While not bad as the critics make it to be, it is inexplicably flawed.  The CGI plane in the beginning looked pretty fake. The part that really made me say WTH?  was when one of the bad guys gets an ice axe in the thigh-and doesn't even flinch or show any signs of damage from it.  The movie setting and story could have been a winner---reminiscent of the helplessness and isolation of "The thing.".  It fell way short.  While she was searching the morgue area, of course she leaves the doors open...exposing her presence to anyone that is nearby.  Not very astute or stealthy for a detective.  When the main bad guy is exposed, it's treated absurdly hands-off (think point break).  Multiple murders, smuggling, cover-up...and the kid glove treatment.
By ice axe , I mean this:

I'd be crying "mommy" if that damn thing was sticking outta my leg.  :duh:   :lol: