Always sell matched mono block amplifiers as a pair!!!!!!!

Niteshade

• Tubes: Audio's glow plug. Get turbocharged!
    • Niteshade Audio
Ebay sellers can be very,very annoying. They will part out systems that shouldn't be parted out. For example, a seller had a matched pair of Heathkit tube amps and sold them in two different auctions. You won't catch me bidding on them because I may not win one of them and unless there are two, one is useless to me. I suppose it's good if you only have one and want another- but most of the time amplifier pairs are sold separately!  :duh:

The people who have ultra rare amps will sell them together and ask stratospheric prices, but the ones with reasonably priced amps always mess it up.  :scratch:  If you have only one to sell, that''s fine- but I really believe it is ultra-unwise to split matched pairs. 

poseidonsvoice

• Science is not a democracy - Earl Geddes
    • 2 channel/7 channel setup
Re: Always sell matched mono block amplifiers as a pair!!!!!!!
« Reply #1 on: 23 Jan 2010, 01:45 pm »
I thought this to be such an obvious piece of insight that all buyers/audiophiles etc...would know it!

Apparently not  :duh:

Thanks,

Anand.

gerald porzio

« Reply #2 on: 23 Jan 2010, 02:14 pm »
Exactly what constitutes a "matched pair" in your mind? To me, all they need be is the same make & model. As for selling a single unit, let's not forget the torchbearers who have not thrown out their MONO systems w/ the baby & the bathwater.

dangerbird

« Reply #3 on: 23 Jan 2010, 02:24 pm »
I just thought that was a "gimme",, evidently not the case,, thanks for posting that.

opnly bafld

• 83 Klipsch LSIs
« Reply #4 on: 23 Jan 2010, 02:41 pm »
A few months ago someone tried to sell 3 Denon POA-S1 mono amps (very rare and discontinued) on Agon.
The way he set up the auction 3 bidders would each get 1 amp.
They didn't sell.  :scratch:     :lol: :lol: :lol:

Lin

Listens2tubes

« Reply #5 on: 24 Jan 2010, 03:01 am »
I have seen 2 Dynaco MkIII amps being sold by the same sellers a few minutes apart. :scratch: I guess only people upgrading to stereo from mono or adding a center channel will be bidding on those. :lol: As for anyone wanting the pair to be a pair, good luck.  :o

*Scotty*

« Reply #6 on: 24 Jan 2010, 03:08 am »
Forest said it best,"Stupid is as Stupid does".
Scotty