AVP 16 - Dead channel

HighFye

AVP 16 - Dead channel
« on: 20 Jan 2010, 07:47 pm »
  I noticed that the Right rear surround on either the rca input or perhaps the output is not functioning. The speaker is functioning otherwise, and the amplifier is ok, I switched the L & R inputs at the amplifier and the right speaker worked. Just wondering if I should take the cover off of the AVP 16 - anyone know if the rca connectors are wired separately from the board. I know that some designs have the connectors directly on the circuit board. I can solder a loose wire, just don't want to turn it off and disconnect everything if it is too difficult. It would be nice to have that channel working again. Could it be the player? (Panasonic BD55).Thank you for any assistance.

musicman06

Re: AVP 16 - Dead channel
« Reply #1 on: 21 Jan 2010, 05:25 am »
Most likely the AVP-16. Same thing happened to mine except it was/is the left rear channel. Sorry never bothered to fix it. Upgraded and left it to backup two channel duty...

Be interested in the answers here though.

rustydoglim

• Industry Contributor
    • www.nuprimeaudio.com
Re: AVP 16 - Dead channel
« Reply #2 on: 23 Jan 2010, 12:34 pm »
  I noticed that the Right rear surround on either the rca input or perhaps the output is not functioning. The speaker is functioning otherwise, and the amplifier is ok, I switched the L & R inputs at the amplifier and the right speaker worked. Just wondering if I should take the cover off of the AVP 16 - anyone know if the rca connectors are wired separately from the board. I know that some designs have the connectors directly on the circuit board. I can solder a loose wire, just don't want to turn it off and disconnect everything if it is too difficult. It would be nice to have that channel working again. Could it be the player? (Panasonic BD55).Thank you for any assistance.

Did you move the AVP-16 recently since you suspect a loose wire ? If not, try to reset to factory default to see if that clears it.  You should contact our support.