SOLD** Vintage Nakamichi 1000 II cassette deck, Original box and remote

thunderbrick

• Volunteer
  • I'm just not right!
I've had this monster for nearly 25 years and it made the sweetest cassettes you ever heard.  Cosmetics are very good, but there are a few small nicks on the handles (see photos), and there is a VERY slight bend at one of the rack mount holes.  It has TWO cabinets, a cleaner-looking oak cabinet that I made myself, as well as the original cabinet.  It also has the NAK wired remote control that operates several older NAK decks.  The bad news?  When you put in "Play"  it stops in just a second or two.  It has been sitting unused for several years.  I think that is a common  problem, because I have two of these units, and both have the same problem. 
It was rack mounted for many years (I used good rubber grommets, so there are very light marks at the rack ears).   It's innards are also quite dusty.
I will ship it insured in the lower 48 for $350,   $300   including BOTH cabinets.

« Last Edit: 27 Jun 2010, 04:00 pm by thunderbrick »

ltr317

Hi Bob.

Have you tried cleaning the heads?  I had the same problem with my BX125, and cleaned the heads several times, which solved the problem. 

Paul

thunderbrick

• Volunteer
  • I'm just not right!
No, I haven't. I've heard it is a belt issue, but I never looked into it. Thanks for the suggestion.

ltr317

It doesn't hurt to try cleaning the heads.  It's cheap.  And if it's a belt problem, I've seen some sold on ebay in the past.

SET Man

Hey!

Nice machine there. :D The remote is hard to come by also.

The problem you described is most likely belts problem. Likely that those belts in there have lost the tension after all these years. Yes, you could find belt kit on eBay.

Some new belts, heads and pinch rollers cleaning and maybe sliders cleaning ( I use Caig' FaderLube) should bring it back to life. :D

BTW... I have the original 1000 Nak. Anyway, good luck. :D

Take care,
Buddy :thumb:

thunderbrick

• Volunteer
  • I'm just not right!
Bump for lowered price.  $300 now shipped.

Bill Baker

• Industry Participant
  • Purity Audio Design -Custom Design and Manufacturi
    • Musica Bella Audio
I would also say that the issue is with a belt. I have had several old decks here with the same problem and it was always (in my case) gummed up belts that were also stretched causing them to stick and wrap around the pully.

If I recall, this deck uses belts that are readily available. Nice looking piece! I still have a few of my older decks as well.

thunderbrick

• Volunteer
  • I'm just not right!
It probably needs just belts, but is there any interest?  Surely there is a Nak freak out there. :drool: