Question for Jim. Bypassing rotary gain switch on Piccolo

Swarkybubble

One for Hagtech.
Would I be right in assuming this idea is a no-no ? - Unlike the load impedance switch it will need more than just a jumper and an on/off switch on the power supply to fulfill its role in the scheme of things. The reason I ask is that I have tried it and it doesn´t seem to work so I am waiting on a new rotary switch to arrive from Digikey to go back to the original brief.
Thanks,
Chris

tketcham

Re: Question for Jim. Bypassing rotary gain switch on Piccolo
« Reply #1 on: 16 Jan 2010, 04:54 pm »
Hi, Chris,

If you're just wanting to have a zero gain setting (without the battery pack), the jumper should work. That's what I did with my Piccolo (soldered a jumper) and it works fine. I used the switched circuit on a power conditioner to turn the Piccolo on and off.

Did you use this diagram for the jumper? And did you disconnect the battery supply leads?

Tom

Swarkybubble

« Reply #2 on: 16 Jan 2010, 07:48 pm »
Hi,
No, I didn´t need the on/off either ´cos I have the bugle power supply with switch but I wanted max gain at 26db rather than zero gain.

tketcham

« Reply #3 on: 16 Jan 2010, 09:53 pm »
I see. Nevermind.

Tom

hagtech

« Reply #4 on: 19 Jan 2010, 06:03 am »
You can permanently jumper in one set of gain resistors.  Then the switch is not needed.

jh

Swarkybubble

« Reply #5 on: 19 Jan 2010, 05:13 pm »
Thanks Jim, do you have a photo or an explicatory diagram of how to go about it. I must have done something wrong
Chris

Lengy

« Reply #6 on: 29 Nov 2011, 08:31 pm »
Hi,

Did you find out how to bypass the gain switch?