Special thank you to JohnR and the entire AC community

nicksgem10s

Hello JohnR & AC members,

I just wanted to take a moment to give you thanks for providing such a great place to discuss audio, music, and other interests.

I have made several friends on AC both in person and online.  It is different from all other audio sites and other hobby sites I participate on.

I am able to read honest opinions and also share my own.  This is a great place to learn and share information.

Thank you all.

I paused to realize how much I appreciate AC over the last couple of days.

I cannot even tell you how many of my posts never see the light of day on Audiogon.  I used to participate quite a bit on their discussion forums a several years ago when I was getting started in audio.  I have bought and sold quite a bit of equipment on their site.

I must have made a comment that got me on a watch list.  It must have been an honest opinion about something Stereophile raved about that I didn't like.   :lol: 

I can't even submit a question about a new product at CES without it getting pulled.  Really strange.  I now remember why I quit participating on their forums.

Thanks for providing a place where we all have a voice.

I will admit I haven't contributed to the funding of this website up to this point.  I am going to find out how to do that even though I am not exactly flush with cash.  I get so much enjoyment out of this site and have sold several items and never given back.

Sorry for this getting a bit long. 

Thanks again for all you do.  It is greatly appreciated even though it may not be acknowledged often enough.

Best Regards,

Nick Goode

pardales

Re: Special thank you to JohnR and the entire AC community
« Reply #1 on: 14 Jan 2010, 01:18 am »
I echo Nick's gracious sentiment. This is a great community! I attribute my increased enjoyment of this hobby over the last few years directly to my participation at Audiocircle.   

:D

mcgsxr

« Reply #2 on: 14 Jan 2010, 01:34 am »
Have to agree that this is one special place.

It has built my system, modded my gear, been a great resource for questions, and over time allowed me to give back by moderating the Open Baffle circle.

Best of all, I have "met" some fantastic people here!

thunderbrick

• Volunteer
  • I'm just not right!
« Reply #3 on: 14 Jan 2010, 02:25 am »
+1!   Great Place!    :thumb: :D

satfrat

• Restricted
  • Boston Red Sox!! 2004 / 2007 / 2013
« Reply #4 on: 14 Jan 2010, 02:53 am »
One only needs to see how folks treat each other on the other audio websites to appreciate the effort that's being made here to create an audio community that promotes friendships and sharing. Nothings perfect but I have yet to find another site that even compares to the friendships I've made here and that's what keeps me here. I think for the most part, everyone here "gets it".  :beer:

Cheers,
Robin

Mariusz

« Reply #5 on: 14 Jan 2010, 03:29 am »

Audio Circle Rules

jqp

• Volunteer
  • Each CD lovingly placed in the nOrh CD-1
« Reply #6 on: 14 Jan 2010, 03:32 am »
Yeah, its great to remember how lucky we are - I have never spent much time on other sites, just saw a lot of negative things happening, and left. We have a great community of audiophiles who share lots of other interests. Thanks to JohnR and all those who have worked hard to make it happen.

ltr317

« Reply #7 on: 14 Jan 2010, 03:34 am »
This is a great audio forum!.  Three cheers to John R, the executive committee, and the numerous facilitators.   :beer: :beer: :beer:   For those who don't drink beer.  :wine: :wine: :wine:

Wind Chaser

« Reply #8 on: 14 Jan 2010, 04:29 am »
This is the only audio related web site I frequent.  Changes in my hearing, competing interests, and other priorities have taken a large portion of my interest out of audio, yet I still feel compelled to check in here 4 or 5 times a day.  It's a good place, ran by good people who do an outstanding job of making it work. :thumb:

JohnR

« Reply #9 on: 14 Jan 2010, 10:45 am »
Thanks - glad you like it ;)

vinyl_lady

« Reply #10 on: 15 Jan 2010, 04:58 pm »
One only needs to see how folks treat each other on the other audio websites to appreciate the effort that's being made here to create an audio community that promotes friendships and sharing. Nothings perfect but I have yet to find another site that even compares to the friendships I've made here and that's what keeps me here. I think for the most part, everyone here "gets it".  :beer:

Cheers,
Robin

+1 Thanks to all involved. Your efforts are much appreciated.  :thumb:

Laura

david12

« Reply #11 on: 15 Jan 2010, 09:47 pm »
 Nick  I agree about how good this site is, particularly the individual manufacturers circles. I can not agree about Audiogon. I have had a great deal of good advice on that site over the years and have never had a post or thread pulled. Some of the comments are a bit acerbic, but usually in response to a discourteous post. I have never had an offensive reply to a post.

So, to me this site, Audiogon and Audioasylum have there good points and I use all of them.

saisunil

« Reply #12 on: 15 Jan 2010, 10:12 pm »
audio circle been a 'bad' circle for me ...
a real bad circle, you know ...
it made me read all kind of stuff here ...
it made me feel I need more than I have ...
it made me feel I need to try something else ...
it made me feel incomplete ...

now I need to get rid of some of that stuff ...
may be back on the circle ...
now should I say goodbye or badbye  :lol: