Windows Media Center Problems

mhconley

Windows Media Center Problems
« on: 13 Jan 2010, 10:11 pm »
The Background:
I am using Exact Audio Copy and AccurateRip to rip my CD's to wav files for use through my Squeezebox. (And DVD-Audio Explorer for DVD-Audio discs and DVD Audio Extractor for DVD-Video.)  I created folders in "My Music" for each artist with subfolders for each album.  Squeezebox Server finds all the music just fine.

The Problem:
I have Windows Media Center running on Windows 7 and I am trying to populate my Music libraries but no matter what I try Media Center tells me "There are no items in this library yet - Windows Media Center is searching for media files in the background. To add more music, you can go to Tasks > Settings > Media Libraries."  I have repeatedly told Media Center where my music files are located but no luck.

Any ideas?

Lastly, does anyone know how to add tags to the wav files.  I have tried several methods, also without luck.

Thanks,

Martin

mhconley

Re: Windows Media Center Problems
« Reply #1 on: 14 Jan 2010, 05:52 am »
I found the answer to my Media Center issue in a thread on a Microsoft Forum.

Martin

satfrat

• Restricted
  • Boston Red Sox!! 2004 / 2007 / 2013
« Reply #2 on: 14 Jan 2010, 06:03 am »
I found the answer to my Media Center issue in a thread on a Microsoft Forum.

Martin

Martin, your link goes nowhere on my Win XP, just a white page. Maybe you could copy the answer or just explain it in your own words. I'm curious as to the answer. Thanks.  :D

Cheers,
Robin

lonewolfny42

• Speakers....What Speakers ?

satfrat

• Restricted
« Reply #4 on: 14 Jan 2010, 06:18 am »
I am STILL getting a solid white page here???  :icon_twisted: I have tried both my MSN Explorer and IE8 and both have no messages.

lonewolfny42

• Speakers....What Speakers ?
« Reply #5 on: 14 Jan 2010, 06:34 am »
I am STILL getting a solid white page here???  :icon_twisted: I have tried both my MSN Explorer and IE8 and both have no messages.

Now you did it....you broke your computer.... :nono: :jester:

mhconley

« Reply #6 on: 14 Jan 2010, 07:02 am »
Here you go...

If your computer is having problems accessing your collection of digital media files in the Windows Media Player Library, try using the Windows Media Player Library troubleshooter to fix the problem. The troubleshooter makes sure Windows Media Player is correctly installed on your computer, and checks to see whether your Player Library is corrupted.

Open the Windows Media Player Library troubleshooter by clicking the Start button, and then clicking Control Panel. In the search box, type troubleshooter, and then click Troubleshooting. Click View all, and then click Windows Media Player Library.

For further information, visit the below mentioned link:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows7/Open-the-Windows-Media-Player-Library-troubleshooter

You may also refer the below mentioned link.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows7/Add-items-to-the-Windows-Media-Player-Library

Martin

satfrat

• Restricted
« Reply #7 on: 14 Jan 2010, 07:04 am »
Now you did it....you broke your computer.... :nono: :jester:

Whatever,,,,, I use J. River Media Center anyways.  :lol:

edit: Thanks Martin.  :thumb:

Cheers,
Robin

scraps@midnight

« Reply #8 on: 19 Jan 2010, 01:45 am »
Regarding adding tags to wav files...one method is using mp3tag. it is a free, pretty simple program and will take care if that issue. i use db poweramp to rip and tag as it seems to work just as well as eac and tags automatically.

mhconley

« Reply #9 on: 28 Jan 2010, 02:35 am »
Regarding adding tags to wav files...one method is using mp3tag. it is a free, pretty simple program and will take care if that issue. i use db poweramp to rip and tag as it seems to work just as well as eac and tags automatically.

Actually the wav format does not support tags.  I downloaded and am using mp3tag.  You can force it to write tags into wav files but they break the container.  I have added flac and now use it and EAC to output flac files.  The plus is they are tagged when created.  I just use mp3tag to clean them up.

Martin