Stereo version of SP 3.0

RonCH

Stereo version of SP 3.0
« on: 13 Jan 2010, 05:24 pm »
Hello James,

Is there any possibility of a stereo only version of the SP 3.0 being made (like the BP16 is a preamp only version of the B-100SST)?  It's something I'd be interested in: BP26 sound quality with software control.  Of course it may be technically infeasible.

Thanks

Ron

James Tanner

• Facilitator
  • The Demo is Everything!
    • http://www.bryston.com
Re: Stereo version of SP 3.0
« Reply #1 on: 13 Jan 2010, 05:28 pm »
Hi Ron,

We have been thinking about a preamp that would combined the BP26/BP16 and BDA-1 in a single unit?

james

alexone

• Anthony Bower, Stan Rybbert, John Stoneborough
« Reply #2 on: 13 Jan 2010, 05:33 pm »
Hi Ron,

We have been thinking about a preamp that would combined the BP26/BP16 and BDA-1 in a single unit?

james

WOW! cool product. seems that the preamp section is moving on... what is going to happen at the amp-side? some more mono blocks especially for the lower powered category?

al.

RonCH

« Reply #3 on: 13 Jan 2010, 05:52 pm »
Hi Ron,

james
I would buy that.

servingko

« Reply #4 on: 13 Jan 2010, 06:01 pm »
If you have the space and can add 5.1 pass through I would be all over that!  Guess that would depend on whether you adapted the volume control of the BP16 or the BP26.  Highend stereo preamp with built in VERY flexible dac (assuming that the BDA-1 comes through with full features), multiple remote switchable inputs and analogue 5.1 pass through!

It would perhaps be a niche market, but you would have first mover advantage!   I would be more than happy to let my DVD do the movie codec processing.  Think SP1.7/2 with the multichannel digital replaced with the BDA-1 and 5.1 passthrough intact.  Better yet, allow an upgrade path for current SP1.7/2 owners and you could go a long way towards keeping many current owners happy with an option that may work better for them.  Moreover, it could allow an outlet for traded in SP1.7/2 that are moving to the SP3.  Take them on trade, retrofit with BDA-1 stereo dac and resell them.

That would eliviate the potential headaches of warranty service on all the 1.7 digital sections out there through 2022 - 2024.  Some of the trades could certainly be scavanged for that, but refited units would fall under the 5 year digital plan and future upgrade revenue potential.  As a side note all this recycling is very GREEN to boot!   Hmmm something to think about...... 

NewBuyer

« Reply #5 on: 14 Jan 2010, 11:09 am »

RonCH

« Reply #6 on: 4 Feb 2010, 05:10 pm »
Hi Ron,

james

So when are you going to release this. :)

You've wet my appetite....  The more I think about this preamp the more I like the idea of it.

James Tanner

• Facilitator
« Reply #7 on: 4 Feb 2010, 05:14 pm »
So when are you going to release this. :)

You've wet my appetite....  The more I think about this preamp the more I like the idea of it.

Hi Ron,

No time soon I'm afraid - we are up to our ears in other projects for the moment.

james
« Last Edit: 7 Feb 2010, 02:09 pm by James Tanner »

KeithA

« Reply #8 on: 7 Feb 2010, 12:25 pm »
Hi Ron,

james

I'm still waiting on the BP-26-type preamp with unity gain pass-thru :wink:

Keith

Stu Pitt

« Reply #9 on: 7 Feb 2010, 03:06 pm »
Hi Ron,

No time soon I'm afraid - we are up to our ears in other projects for the moment.

james

Other than the music server, or whatever the technical name is, what else is being planned/kicked around?  Its ok if the message will self distruct right after reading it.

James Tanner

• Facilitator
« Reply #10 on: 7 Feb 2010, 04:23 pm »
Other than the music server, or whatever the technical name is, what else is being planned/kicked around?  Its ok if the message will self distruct right after reading it.

Hi Stu,

All resources right now are on the SP3 - everytime we get close they make another change.

james

alexone

• Anthony Bower, Stan Rybbert, John Stoneborough
« Reply #11 on: 8 Feb 2010, 07:16 am »
Hi Stu,

All resources right now are on the SP3 - everytime we get close they make another change.

james

James,

...who is "they"?  do you mean Bryston?

al.

James Tanner

• Facilitator
« Reply #12 on: 8 Feb 2010, 11:52 am »

James,

...who is "they"?  do you mean Bryston?

al.

The HDMI guys - now 1.4

james

ramjet

« Reply #13 on: 11 Feb 2010, 02:06 am »
Hello James..whatever you do try to future proof as much as possible with the latest standards... USB 3, Firewire 1394d, Gigabit Ethernet so we can connect all our media devices, servers etc. I would like to see Light Peak which Intel said will supersede HDMI. It never ends...

Phil A

« Reply #14 on: 11 Feb 2010, 02:08 am »
Yes - it never ends.  But if it sounds as good as a top of the line stand alone preamp and has HDMI 1.4 it will be good  for a bit

desertrat58

Source switching on BP26 remote...
« Reply #15 on: 11 Feb 2010, 02:37 am »
I'll admit I am a total lurker, but a proud BP25MC owner, that powers some active M&K studio monitors.

I love my BP25MC, but it is the 21st century (2nd decade). Bryston needs to put source swithching on the remote.

I watch way too much sports while listening to music. However, occassionally I want to quickly switch to hear what the announcers are saying after a play.

There must be a way...  :D

Richard from Joshua Tree

Napalm

« Reply #16 on: 25 May 2010, 03:38 pm »
james

Rumors has it that Bryston is now testing HDMI 1.4a 3D TV capabilities. James was caught logged in twice to the board as to check how it works in 3D:

Nap.  :jester:

gaderson

Re: Source switching on BP26 remote...
« Reply #17 on: 25 May 2010, 08:12 pm »
I'll admit I am a total lurker, but a proud BP25MC owner, that powers some active M&K studio monitors.

I love my BP25MC, but it is the 21st century (2nd decade). Bryston needs to put source swithching on the remote.

I watch way too much sports while listening to music. However, occassionally I want to quickly switch to hear what the announcers are saying after a play.

There must be a way...  :D

Richard from Joshua Tree

I would just like a crossfade option, so you could have both the announcers with audio in the 'background'.