Yet another (possibly stupid) Piccolo question....

JimK

Yet another (possibly stupid) Piccolo question....
« on: 10 Jan 2010, 11:18 pm »
I'm still waiting on the final two resistors to arrive before I can let the smoke out fire this thing up, but I just noticed something today that has me scratching my head. When I installed the rotary switches I was very careful to keep the tabs "down"/pointed towards the ground lug. However, when the knobs are installed they don't/won't line-up similar to the OEM Piccolo.

For instance, my Piccolo, with both switches set at full CCW rotation:

(Don't you hate taking pictures of black gear? Every little speck of duct makes it look terrible...)

And the OEM Piccolo:

Should I be concerned about this, or should I just file a "flat" on the switch posts to compensate? I've thought about rotating them 180 degrees, but the top/gain switch has a three-pin configuration that only mates-up with the board one way.

Or I suppose I could always get new knobs w/o pointers...

Sorry to be such a PITA, guys.

analog97

Re: Yet another (possibly stupid) Piccolo question....
« Reply #1 on: 10 Jan 2010, 11:35 pm »
You're fine.  Just unloosen the knob set screw and line-up the arrow the best way you can.   The set-screw does not go into the flat side of the knob shaft.  The set scre will hold it just fine and dandy!!

JimK

Re: Yet another (possibly stupid) Piccolo question....
« Reply #2 on: 10 Jan 2010, 11:39 pm »

You're fine.  Just unloosen the knob set screw and line-up the arrow the best way you can.   The set-screw does not go into the flat side of the knob shaft.  The set scre will hold it just fine and dandy!!

Thanks!

I'll be much better once this thing is up & running... :lol: