2 channel system to watch dvd's and bluray?

ajzepp

Re: 2 channel system to watch dvd's and bluray?
« Reply #20 on: 11 Jan 2010, 11:02 pm »
I was REALLY close to just going with a 2.1 system a while back, but once I realized I could get a dedicated 2-channel preamp with HT bypass, I went that route. After I picked up some big Maggies (3.6) last year, I added a center and then realized how damn good it sounded. I have plans to put some wall hanging Maggies in back, but it's been over a year and I honestly haven't really been in any hurry. But I agree with you guys...movies via a 2 channel rig can sound fantastic!

2gumby2

« Reply #21 on: 12 Jan 2010, 11:25 am »
I have a 2-channel system for movies using my 2-Pi Tower speakers. One of the most satisfying aspects of my system is when we have guests over to watch movies and they comment on how good the sound is. Those Pi speakers are fantastic for this application.

PhilNYC

« Reply #22 on: 12 Jan 2010, 01:18 pm »
I've been two channel for movies for years.  I never had a very well executed surround system, but I've heard many great and expensive surround systems and yet I don't think I really miss much with a good two channel system.

I'd rather watch a movie on a really hi-end super dynamic 2 channel rig than a typical surround sound rig. 

The center channel is good for off axis listening, but for those who often watch alone or with their spouse, it really isn't needed.

+1