First day playoffs pick em . .

jimdgoulding

First day playoffs pick em . .
« on: 9 Jan 2010, 09:54 pm »
Bengals and the 'Boys for me.  Think the Bengals will show their stuff today.  Dallas controls the Eagles.

Bigfish

Re: First day playoffs pick em . .
« Reply #1 on: 9 Jan 2010, 10:21 pm »
Bengals and the 'Boys for me.  Think the Bengals will show their stuff today.  Dallas controls the Eagles.

I did not see this before the game started but Bengals and Boys for me also.  I previously picked the Boy against the Chargers as my Superbowl Teams.

Ken

jimdgoulding

« Reply #2 on: 9 Jan 2010, 10:49 pm »
Geez, that Revis something or what?  Completely outplaying Chad O from what I've seen so far.  The Jets D is comin on strong.

satfrat

• Restricted
  • Boston Red Sox!! 2004 / 2007 / 2013
« Reply #3 on: 9 Jan 2010, 11:02 pm »
Mumms the word on the 2nd game, I ain't jinxing the Boys with cheap talk.  :shh:

I'll either be running my mouth after the game,,,,,,, or I won'ttttttttttt.  :D

The other game, I'll go with the Jets seeing how they're ahead by 7 at the half.  :thumb:

Cheers,
Robin

jimdgoulding

« Reply #4 on: 10 Jan 2010, 12:00 am »
Start of the 4th quarter and pass me the salt.  Geez, the Bengals are terrible.  This was Carson Palmer's big chance and he hasn't shown me anything.  The coaching, either.  I know, let's hand it off to Benson!  Again.  The Jets are lookin good and not just their defense.

Just as I'm closing, Benson breaks one.  Give their fans a badly needed rise.

Bigfish

« Reply #5 on: 10 Jan 2010, 12:13 am »
Start of the 4th quarter and pass me the salt.  Geez, the Bengals are terrible.  This was Carson Palmer's big chance and he hasn't shown me anything.  The coaching, either.  I know, let's hand it off to Benson!  Again.  The Jets are lookin good and not just their defense.

Just as I'm closing, Benson breaks one.  Give their fans a badly needed rise.

This game makes me really feel crappy about the way the Steelers Played this season.  Lost twice to this bunch - Wow!

Ken

satfrat

• Restricted
« Reply #6 on: 10 Jan 2010, 12:25 am »
Hey Indy fans,,, the Jet's are acomin' for yur team to properly thank that Colt coach of yurs for letting them into the playoffs.  :wave:

Cheers,
Robin

bummrush

« Reply #7 on: 10 Jan 2010, 12:27 am »
well there wont be the Bengals after that kick

Bigfish

« Reply #8 on: 10 Jan 2010, 12:35 am »
Hey Indy fans,,, the Jet's are acomin' for yur team to properly thank that Colt coach of yurs for letting them into the playoffs.  :wave:

Cheers,
Robin

As a Steelers Fan you can bet who I will be pulling for in this match.  Even it the Jets don't win maybe their Defense will do a little damage! :thumb:

Ken

jimdgoulding

« Reply #9 on: 10 Jan 2010, 12:36 am »

Cheers,
Robin
Oh Robin, that's cold, and funny!  The Jets gotta be pumped.  Maybe lethal, too, if Sanchez can keep his cool in The Man(ning)'s office.

satfrat

• Restricted
« Reply #10 on: 10 Jan 2010, 01:17 am »
Oh Robin, that's cold, and funny!  The Jets gotta be pumped.  Maybe lethal, too, if Sanchez can keep his cool in The Man(ning)'s office.

It's also very very true. The Jet's had no business even being in the playoff picture but the Indy coach gave them a pass instead of playing the game. Well the Jets have made the most of that pass and there's nothing I'd like to see more than for the Jet's to pound on them Colt's and Manning. It would serve them right for playing it safe while charging good money from their fans. It's a pathetic way to play the game and to take good money from their fans to boot. In my eyes, it's downright shameful thing to do to them. And according to all that's been said about it, I'm not alone in my feelings. Even the commish plans on doing something about it.

Cheers,
Robin

Bigfish

« Reply #11 on: 10 Jan 2010, 01:23 am »
It's also very very true. The Jet's had no business even being in the playoff picture but the Indy coach gave them a pass instead of playing the game. Well the Jets have made the most of that pass and there's nothing I'd like to see more than for the Jet's to pound on them Colt's and Manning. It would serve them right for playing it safe while charging good money from their fans. It's a pathetic way to play the game and to take good money from their fans to boot. In my eyes, it's downright shameful thing to do to them. And according to all that's been said about it, I'm not alone in my feelings. Even the commish plans on doing something about it.

Well stated Robin!  I don't think the Colts owed anything to the other teams (my Steelers) but they did owe their players and their fans the opportunity to be really special.  Then the following week they played Manning, Clarke and others so they could get their pass receptions for the season.

Ken

Ken

Bigfish

« Reply #12 on: 10 Jan 2010, 01:25 am »
Hey Robin:

From what I am watching in this game, Philly does not have a chance!

Ken

satfrat

• Restricted
« Reply #13 on: 10 Jan 2010, 01:28 am »
Hey Robin:

From what I am watching in this game, Philly does not have a chance!

Ken

:shh: 

jimdgoulding

« Reply #14 on: 10 Jan 2010, 02:41 am »
Boy, the house that Jerry built is startin to look like a tough place to play for opposing teams.

Bigfish

« Reply #15 on: 10 Jan 2010, 02:48 am »
Boys 27, Eagles 7 at the half.  Look-out rest of NFC Playoff Teams as the Boys are looking for real!

Way to go Robin!

satfrat

• Restricted
« Reply #16 on: 10 Jan 2010, 03:18 am »
Boys 27, Eagles 7 at the half.  Look-out rest of NFC Playoff Teams as the Boys are looking for real!

Way to go Robin!

It's been an ugly game, way too many penalties by the Cowboys. :duh:

A bit of irony ladened info,,, IF the Patriots beat the Ravens tomorrow, the Jets will indeed play Indy next week.  :o  I sooo want to see that scenario play itself out.  :drool:

Cheers,
Robin

jimdgoulding

« Reply #17 on: 10 Jan 2010, 06:55 am »
I'm takin the Patriots.  Then, we'll see.

jimdgoulding

« Reply #18 on: 10 Jan 2010, 03:34 pm »
Think the Jets get some kudos for their performance.  Rex Ryan has seemed like something special.  I think he is.  Listen to this guy in interviews.  He'll crack you up.  He had praise for Sanchez and I think that's gonna go a long way.  He might be a dream coach as a motivator and his staff seems on the same page.  Congrats to that team and their impressive win.  Like Sat says, a game with Indy looks very interesting.  I'm nervous bout New England, tho.  Boldin is out for the Cardinals.  Green Bay has the MO.  Thinkin Green Bay large.