Pacquio vs. Mayweather

jimdgoulding

Pacquio vs. Mayweather
« on: 8 Jan 2010, 10:08 pm »
ESPN said today the fight is off but all they said about why is that "the two sides couldn't agree on drug testing".  What??  Anybody got any details about this?  Pacquio has already has gotten another opponent.  Boy, that was fast?  This smell funny?

JackD201

Re: Pacquio vs. Mayweather
« Reply #1 on: 8 Jan 2010, 11:19 pm »
Mayweather has one too (Paulie Malignaggi) so where's that smell coming from?

All I know is that Pac was willing to do all of the federation mandated tests and not any special tests  dictated by Mayweather and Co. Mayweather even wanted a specific lab. Pac also said he was willing to take ANY test immediately AFTER. I suppose that reads...."you ain't getting my cardio down by sucking away my blood BEFORE we fight".

What's wrong with "after" anyway? Mayweather the bigger, stronger fighter wants "Olympic Style" testing. Well, "after" is part of Olympic Style testing.

Ultimately Pac was insulted with the thinly veiled accusation especially after giving in to every single demand with regards to how to split the dough. The little guy fights for honor more than money and thinks FMJ is all about money and no honor a stark contrast of his view of Cotto both before and after their fight.

jimdgoulding

« Reply #2 on: 8 Jan 2010, 11:41 pm »
Good for Paulie for getting his best payday (I imagine that he will).  ESPN didn't say anything about that.  Well, it smelled funny to me.  What difference does it make what kind of test unless there is something you want to keep private, is what I was thinking.  Thanks for your explanation.  I suppose there is a point where a champion is not gonna tolerate further indignation or bullshit. 
« Last Edit: 9 Jan 2010, 02:15 am by jimdgoulding »

JackD201

« Reply #3 on: 9 Jan 2010, 01:10 am »
I'm still hoping the fight pushes through eventually Jim. I hate it when real sports turn into "Sports Entertainment". Fingers crossed!

satfrat

• Restricted
  • Boston Red Sox!! 2004 / 2007 / 2013
« Reply #4 on: 9 Jan 2010, 02:12 am »
I'm still hoping the fight pushes through eventually Jim. I hate it when real sports turn into "Sports Entertainment". Fingers crossed!

Mayweather's gonna have to man up, stop looking for excuses and fight the "best pound for pound" figher in the world today, Manny Pacquio. It's sad that Floyd doesn't want the chance to try and get back that "reference title" considering his last fight was the best I've ever seen him fight. If anyone's intimidated here, it's Floyd Mayweather and the world knows it. Paulie's not even in the same league as either one of these fighters,, lightening fast but no power. Paulie's strictly a points fighter. The Pacman kicks a$$ with bad intentions. :uzi: Ole Floyd has a reason to worry!  :duh:

Cheers,
Robin

JackD201

« Reply #5 on: 9 Jan 2010, 02:19 am »
Check out Dana White's take on it. No wonder UFC is doing so well.

"Train for the fight and fight, that's what the fans want to see." Right on Dana.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gYcxkWIk_xs&feature=player_embedded#

satfrat

• Restricted
  • Boston Red Sox!! 2004 / 2007 / 2013
« Reply #6 on: 9 Jan 2010, 02:29 am »
Check out Dana White's take on it. No wonder UFC is doing so well.

"Train for the fight and fight, that's what the fans want to see." Right on Dana.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gYcxkWIk_xs&feature=player_embedded#

Dana's been repeating that song since last fall when Rampage Jackson backed out of his Ultimate Figher commitment fight so to do a Canadian movie. White's been rippin' pissed off(with good reason) ever since.  :lol:

Cheers,
Robin

jimdgoulding

« Reply #7 on: 9 Jan 2010, 02:31 am »
Wonder if it could be a promotional gimmick.  Gets um a fight and a payday inbetween.  Wouldn't put it past the promoters.     

JackD201

« Reply #8 on: 9 Jan 2010, 02:47 am »
Me neither but the lawsuit is real.

jimdgoulding

« Reply #9 on: 9 Jan 2010, 02:50 am »
Oh.  I see said the blind man.  Lawsuit?  Any details?

JackD201

« Reply #10 on: 9 Jan 2010, 03:04 am »
Only that Pac attached a whole battery of test results along with it including presumably tests that would detect PED use over long periods of time. Legally, as the plaintiff, the burden of proof is on Pac, he knows it and is apparently taking this very seriously.

jimdgoulding

« Reply #11 on: 9 Jan 2010, 03:08 am »
I wish him the best.  Look forward to seeing your website.

jackman

« Reply #12 on: 11 Jan 2010, 10:22 pm »
Floyd is a coward.  He's a very talented fighter but, like Roy Jones, he never fought the best of his era.  In fact, this guy is worse than Roy because he never fought ANYONE at his weightclass who was at the top of his game.  Juan Manuel Marquez was very undersized and maybe on the down-side of his career, and Ricky Hatton was too slow and unskilled to give Floyd (or Manny) a real fight. 

I don't understand how Mayweather can run his mouth about being the best "pfp".  If Against Manny P, Mayweather will step into the ring a much bigger man, and probably a stronger, quicker guy but he's still scared of the smaller fighter from the Phillipines.  Maybe it's because Manny has something Floyd lacks; HEART.  Pacquio has the heart of a lion is a true champion, in my opinion.

This is one of the few matchups I would actually pony up some cash to watch.  Hopefully, this fight will take place.  If it does, don't look for Floyd to stand and trade with Manny but Pacquio is a warrior and, as they say, Mayweather can run but he can't hide...at least not in the ring.  Looks like he's trying to hide by other means.

Cheers,

J