Tide's Running Game is Unbelievable

Bigfish

Tide's Running Game is Unbelievable
« on: 8 Jan 2010, 02:50 am »
Bama is showing that their victory over Florida was no fluke.  Texas had better find a way to slow down the amazing running game or it is going to be a blow-out!

Ken

Bigfish

Re: Tide's Running Game is Unbelievable
« Reply #1 on: 8 Jan 2010, 03:14 am »
Bama 24, Longhorns 6 at the half.  Unless McCoy plays in the second half this one is likely over!

JerryM

• Where's The Bar?
« Reply #2 on: 8 Jan 2010, 03:18 am »
It sure sucks that McCoy is injured. What a let down for this game.

ted_b

• Volunteer
  • "we're all bozos on this bus" F.T.
« Reply #3 on: 8 Jan 2010, 03:25 am »
Yes, game is a big letdown, and I kinda wanted Bama to win anyway.  I'm most surprised by the dumb plays so far.  Early on Bama looked foolish, with the 4th down fake punt/pass that was doomed from the start, then not downing a kickoff!!?   Then Mack Brown calls a timeout with seconds left in the half, only to call a shovel pass in his end of the field...pick 6!!   Weird.

Let's hope McCoy makes a miraculous recovery (edit: nope, not today), both teams settle down, and we have a true game in the 2nd half.

BTW, yes, Ingram looks like AP out there, shedding tacklers like they were schoolkids.

Second BTW....why the 15 yd penalty on that defensive end who had the last second pick 6 in the first half?? All he did was throw the football away when he scored in a national title game!!

Charles Calkins

« Reply #4 on: 8 Jan 2010, 03:47 am »
GO Tide!!!

Cheers
                          Charlie

S Clark

• a riot is the language of the unheard- Dr. King
« Reply #5 on: 8 Jan 2010, 04:31 am »
The word is that Colt has a deep strained shoulder. He wanted to go in but Brown and his Dad both said NO. 
Since Colt is my ex student and DIY speaker builder-
Go Longhorns!

satfrat

• Restricted
  • Boston Red Sox!! 2004 / 2007 / 2013
« Reply #6 on: 8 Jan 2010, 04:36 am »
Coy who???? It's freshman nite tonite!!!

S Clark

« Reply #7 on: 8 Jan 2010, 04:47 am »
I know Colt,and all he is focused on is how to help the freshman pull out an upset.  He'll worry about his own disappointment tomorrow.  Every one of his ex-teachers think the world of this kid.

Uh oh. Freshman, Blitz, and fumble at the 3 are a bad combination for UT.  They played a very good game, but that should be lights out for a team that was the equal of Alabama.   :(

Charles Calkins

« Reply #8 on: 8 Jan 2010, 05:55 am »
Very good game between two of the best football programs in the USA. I think it would have been even better if the key players on both sides didn't suffer injuries. But that's football!!

Cheers
                                             Charlie

S Clark

« Reply #9 on: 8 Jan 2010, 06:01 am »
And congrats to the Crimson Tide fans.  Damned shame about the injuries, but it is a violent sport. Hopefully recoveries are quick and complete.

satfrat

• Restricted
  • Boston Red Sox!! 2004 / 2007 / 2013
« Reply #10 on: 8 Jan 2010, 07:28 am »
The Texas fans should be proud of the Longhorns defense who really kept them in the game and for that freshman quarterback who gave the team an actual opportunity to win the game with minutes to go. The fact he even got them in that position was remarkable in it's own right. The fact he couldn't close the game is also understandable but had the kid gotten some playing time this season, the outcome might have been different.

I wasn't expecting a competitive game early on but I'm damn glad I was wrong as it turned out to be national championship caliber. Congratulations Alabama!  :thumb:

Cheers,
Robin