SA-2 review

kip_

SA-2 review
« on: 7 Jan 2010, 12:08 am »
I'm pulling the trigger on the demo SA-2s for sale. I'm pairing them with a Melody SP3 tube amp for a second system, fed by my desktop PC  :eyebrows:

So I added the HRT Music Streamer II to the mix and now I have a real source and sub to go with them. I'm not going to go into the typical audiophile terms, but they're detailed, natural, and neutral. All the qualities I love about my MF7s but more of them.

They sound good on Hardcore, well-recorded Rock, Pop, Acoustic, Electronica, Country (Jimmy Buffett et al). Everything I throw at them except the heavily compressed stuff sounds excellent. Cabinets are beautiful, heavy, and sturdy. I'll post some better pictures tonight as well.
« Last Edit: 24 Aug 2010, 09:49 pm by kip_ »

kip_

Re: Rick's got a new repeat customer
« Reply #1 on: 7 Jan 2010, 02:24 am »
And yes, I still have my MF7s... just building a 2nd system for my temporary office. Cant wait to try tubes.

Rick Craig

• Industry Participant
  • Selah Audio
    • http://www.selahaudio.com
« Reply #2 on: 7 Jan 2010, 02:50 pm »
Thanks for your business. We have a good number of repeat customers and that's something I don't take for granted.

kip_

« Reply #3 on: 14 Jan 2010, 02:01 am »
A few pictures -

kip_

« Reply #4 on: 26 Jul 2010, 02:33 am »
I'm finally getting a decent source, got the HRT II Music Streamer from Amazon. Also got a UFW-10 subwoofer to go with the SA-2s so I should have a review in a week or so. 

kip_

Re: SA-2 review
« Reply #5 on: 24 Aug 2010, 11:21 pm »
Review is up

cstory

• Seaching for clues
« Reply #6 on: 25 Aug 2010, 12:25 pm »
Where is the review? Can't seem to find it.

JP78

« Reply #7 on: 25 Aug 2010, 04:23 pm »
Where is the review? Can't seem to find it.

+1

Cacophonix

« Reply #8 on: 25 Aug 2010, 04:27 pm »
I think he added it to the first post.

I'm pulling the trigger on the demo SA-2s for sale. I'm pairing them with a Melody SP3 tube amp for a second system, fed by my desktop PC  :eyebrows:

So I added the HRT Music Streamer II to the mix and now I have a real source and sub to go with them. I'm not going to go into the typical audiophile terms, but they're detailed, natural, and neutral. All the qualities I love about my MF7s but more of them.

They sound good on Hardcore, well-recorded Rock, Pop, Acoustic, Electronica, Country (Jimmy Buffett et al). Everything I throw at them except the heavily compressed stuff sounds excellent. Cabinets are beautiful, heavy, and sturdy. I'll post some better pictures tonight as well.

kip_

« Reply #9 on: 26 Aug 2010, 01:38 am »
Yup I renamed the thread, first post, and edited the thread. Sorry for the confusion.