Another upgrade, Bi-amp question

Mad Mr H

Re: Another upgrade, Bi-amp question
« Reply #20 on: 5 Jan 2010, 04:52 pm »
Mad Mr H
Very good points on the new amp options.

Thank you, I try and consider each situation to suit the actual user, Or you just end up with 7.1ch BB5XBD tri amp with 28's  aa

So i am down to 2 possibilities.

1. Buy 3 7B's. Trade in my 6B. Keep my 4B.

2. Buy 2 7B's. Trade in my 4B. Keep my 6B(harder to sell later).

Option one for me also brings with it increased quality, and is a excellent "final" system. option two I think will always have that "should I go further?" in the back of your mind.

As for the Integra, I was actually thinking of upgrading to the Integra 80.1. But I then changed my mind
 and decided to do the amps first. Not enough bang for the upgrade cost. I am using XLR's.   

My Blu Ray player is the Marantz BD8002. Their very first one. I waited to see who would win the war.

Totally agree with you, The Integra DHC-80.1 is Onkyo 5507 in the UK - This was also a recent consideration for me, for the same reason as you I stuck with the 886 (integra 9.x)

XLR - Good choice

Marantz, nice player.

The Integra will be the weak link after the amp upgrade, but I think it is still best to wait and see what the market offers.......Now Blur Ray  :( lives on

EDIT : When I say weak link it is still an excellent machine, and ticks boxes more than most.

Levi

« Reply #21 on: 5 Jan 2010, 05:04 pm »
The 28B is out of my budget at the moment.  It would be perfect for the EB1i. ;)
You first  :green:

adol290

« Reply #22 on: 5 Jan 2010, 09:02 pm »

option two I think will always have that "should I go further?" in the back of your mind.

Thank you for putting that in the back of my mind.  :lol:

I have ordered 2 - 7B's for now. My dealer said think about it over night.

I'm still thinking....

predrag

« Reply #23 on: 6 Jan 2010, 07:47 pm »
The 28B is out of my budget at the moment.  It would be perfect for the EB1i. ;)
Had that combination in my hands as well!
All I can say is WOW!
Normally for EB1i  one 4B SST2 is sufficient.
Cheers!

vegasdave

• My online rock magazine-Crypt Magazine
« Reply #24 on: 6 Jan 2010, 10:30 pm »
But the 7Bs are even better, true?