SOLD: CARAT-TOPAZ USB DAC/HEADPHONE AMP - $325 shipped

droht

from manufacturer: The Styleaudio Topaz is an affordable ultra high quality DAC and headphone amplifier. A custom designed and very dense PCB is stuffed with the highest quality parts, including: OSCON and WIMA caps, 1.0ppm TCXO clock and Vishay-Dale resistors. In addition to using top shelf parts, the designers also segregated each section of the unit, isolating the input, digital coversion, main power and analog sections from each other to ensure a very low noise floor.

The headphone driver portion of the Topaz is quite special, utilizing two of the high performance TI/Burr Brown OPA2134 OPAMP's, allowing the Topaz to comfortably drive any headphone from 32ohm to 300ohm. The line ouput section gets the same attention to detail as the rest of the unit and employs two of the Analog Device AD817 OPAMP's, allowing the Topaz to be at home in a high end two channel audio system. Impressively, the Topaz also use four of the TI NE5534 OPAMP's for the I/V section, a testament to their dedication to quality and good sound.

The impressive engineering pedigree and use of top notch parts continues into the DAC section. Utilizing the TI PCM1792 24bit/192Khz DA converter, this DAC is capable of an astounding dynamic range of 123dB with a negligible THD+N of 0.0005%. The USB input is controlled by the proven TI PCM2707 USB controller, allowing use of up to 48Khz files via USB. And, finally, the digital controller is the Crystal CS8416 with low jitter clock recovery.

Please check cryoparts website for more info:  http://www.cryo-parts.com/style_audio.html

Retails for $449 + shipping new, and currently out of stock. I'm asking $325 shipped/PayPal'd in conus. Approx 8 months old, in excellent condition. I've used with Grado 225s, Senn 580s and AKG 701s with good results to my ears.  Comes with stock power supply, which is not pictured.

Any questions please PM me.  You can check my feedback on av123 forum and AudiogoN under same user name.

Thanks!
« Last Edit: 5 Jan 2010, 02:47 pm by droht »