A Question For Jim H. Re: Slicing the Cornet 2!

amandarae

Re: A Question For Jim H. Re: Slicing the Cornet 2!
« Reply #20 on: 7 Jan 2010, 08:15 am »
Tubes et al,

Apologies for my post regarding the "choke transformer".  After further research, there's no way I can meet the Lcritical value using those even with a very large bleeder resistor.

I need to learn some more or elect to use CLC filer. 

regards,

Abe
« Last Edit: 7 Jan 2010, 10:11 pm by amandarae »

tubesforever

Re: A Question For Jim H. Re: Slicing the Cornet 2!
« Reply #21 on: 7 Jan 2010, 09:14 pm »
I did not immediately look at that issue Abe.  I am glad you factored out the p/s issues.  Better to catch this now than when you plug it all in.

Abe, the promising thing is that the C3 board will have a line where you can cut the board and separate the power supply.  I hope JH has some thru holes we can solder up to on both sides of that line!

I don't see any issues running the C3 with the p/s JH designed.

Abe you are such a great resource for us all here at the hagtech site.  I hope you continue to push away at the edges for a long time to come. 

BobM your voice is not unheard.  I totally agree with you that the Trumpet either stock or modified with different passive parts might be the better investment when you look at the time involved in DIY.  I think fully differencial power balanced equipment is the way to go in audio. 

What I worry about is that the Trumpet is no longer for sale from what I understand.  This is a shame.  I want to build a Trumpet kit in the worse way!  That way I can go balanced line stage and balanced amps in the future.  This is the best way to address common mode noise rejection.

Keep up the work BobM, we need to get JH oriented toward a Trumpet diy kit!  No phono section of that caliper should ever be allowed to diminish into the history books.  JH we need to keep the Trumpet alive and kicking.

Cheers!