"The Hangover"

Bigfish

"The Hangover"
« on: 25 Dec 2009, 01:15 pm »
There was nothing of interest on TV last night and we watched "The Hangover."  I just asked my son for his opinion and he responded with "it had it moments."  Maybe that accurately sums up this movie - it has it moments.  I watched the entire movie and therefore would not classify it as awful.  It was just not very good and would have to say that the best part of the movie was the pictures at the  end. 

My rating 2 out of 5 stars.

Ken

maxwalrath

Re: "The Hangover"
« Reply #1 on: 25 Dec 2009, 08:45 pm »
I thought it's moments were terrific.  4.5/5.

2bigears

« Reply #2 on: 26 Dec 2009, 12:19 am »
 :D  FUNNY,and more Funny...... :thumb:

timind

• permanent vacation
« Reply #3 on: 26 Dec 2009, 01:11 am »
We just finished watching it. It took me about 30 minutes to warm up to it but after that I enjoyed it. Definitely worth renting.

2gumby2

« Reply #4 on: 26 Dec 2009, 10:16 am »
I rented it last weekend. Made me wonder how they can sell garbage like this. Not recommended.

mcgsxr

« Reply #5 on: 3 Jan 2010, 05:41 pm »
I rented it this weekend, and have mixed feelings.

On the one side, it was a zany adventure, something I do like in a movie, so it had appeal that way.  I thought the cameos were cool too.

On the downside, I expected more.  There were some moments that I just did not find funny.

Overall, I can see why it is popular, but I won't go out of my way to see it again etc.

pardales

« Reply #6 on: 3 Jan 2010, 05:44 pm »
Funny.

jqp

• Volunteer
  • Each CD lovingly placed in the nOrh CD-1
« Reply #7 on: 3 Jan 2010, 06:53 pm »
« Last Edit: 4 Jan 2010, 05:20 am by jqp »

martinr

« Reply #8 on: 3 Jan 2010, 07:41 pm »
My wife and I watched it last night- it had a couple of funny moments but I overall was not very impressed, I'd give it a C-....(A funnier movie for the Holidays IMHO was Four Christmases)

Sun_N_H2O

« Reply #9 on: 3 Jan 2010, 09:09 pm »
Mostly somewhat crude and lowbrow humor.....so I loved it  :lol:. For what seems to be a "guy" oriented movie, both my girlfriend and daughter liked it as well (daughter saw it in the theaters and said I needed to see it). My girlfriend typically only likes the formulaic crap marketed towards the large female population, so you may be pleasantly surprised, even if it doesn't sound like something you would normally want to watch. I give it  :thumb:  :thumb: (two thumbs up).

santacore

« Reply #10 on: 3 Jan 2010, 11:00 pm »
I enjoyed it. Mindless sillyness is just want I want some times. Overall the story moved along and there we some likable characters.