Some questions about the NHL. Need your help!

jackman

Some questions about the NHL. Need your help!
« on: 24 Dec 2009, 03:34 am »
I have a couple questions if anyone is kind enough to help me out....

Who has the best home record in the NHL?  Who just blanked the Detroit Red Wings for the second time in four days (3-0)? Who has the most exciting young talent in the NHL (Toews, Kane, Sharp) along with a great veterine (healthy!) star named Hossa?  Who has the coolest jersey?  Okay, this it too easy.  Blackhawks! aa

2009 has been brutal for Chicago sports fans. Bears suck, Cubs suck, Bulls really suck, White Sox-white sux, you get the picture.  We only have one good team, but it's one more than Detroit has this year.  The Wings have no offense and, unlike their robotically good teams of the past, are very boring to watch unless you are a real diehard.

Just watched the game tonight and I'm feeling good about my favorite NHL team.  I hope they wind up in the finals against my second favorite team, the Pens.  That would be a great series of two young, exciting teams.  Now I'm getting ahead of myself. Don't know if they can sustain this pace but the Hawks are making this great hockey town proud.  Something that hasn't happened in a long time.

Cheers,

J

MaxCast

Re: Some questions about the NHL. Need your help!
« Reply #1 on: 24 Dec 2009, 12:56 pm »
Dude, half of Detroit's starters are out and they have the longest injury list of anyone.  And a goalie controversy  :roll:    Now on the other hand, the Tigers spent a lot of money and stunk it up and the Lions....well they just plain suck.

jackman

« Reply #2 on: 24 Dec 2009, 04:12 pm »
Dude, half of Detroit's starters are out and they have the longest injury list of anyone.  And a goalie controversy  :roll:    Now on the other hand, the Tigers spent a lot of money and stunk it up and the Lions....well they just plain suck.

Hey, I was half joking but it's been a long time since we had anything good sports-related to talk about in this town (Chicago).  I'm a bit shocked to see a team play so good.  You guys should have never let Hossa go.  He's a great player when healthy.  Also, just joshing about the Wings, they are banged up pretty good.  The Hawks do have a young and exciting team and are playing very solid hockey.  They are a legitimate threat this year. 

Happy holidays.

J

MaxCast

« Reply #3 on: 24 Dec 2009, 07:09 pm »
I knew you were joking and I didn't mean to sound harsh.  :D

Come on, where are all the Detroit and Blackhawk fanboys  :D
We need some help.
Hosa is a bit.  I do miss him, especially with the injuries.  I guess you can only afford so much.

And yes, the hawks do have a very good jersey.  :D

jackman

« Reply #4 on: 25 Dec 2009, 04:07 am »
...and the NHL is more fun when the Wings are the Evil Empire!  Beating the Wings at full strength will (if it happens) be a real accomplishment.  That Wings team from a couple years ago (against the Pens when Detroit won the cup) was the best team I have ever seen.  Like robots on ice! 

Cheers!