Rhythmik Amp issue - help

chip

Rhythmik Amp issue - help
« on: 4 Dec 2009, 06:46 pm »
I just moved recently and hooked my Rhythmik audio amp and two gr subs up and seem to be running into an issue. The amp powers on but I seem to be getting a noise to the subs ? sounds like continous S.O.S.

If I play with the power switch on the amp a little the sound will go away but come back once I start playing music.

Anything I can do to troubleshoot this on my end to determine root cause?

Danny Richie

Re: Rhythmik Amp issue - help
« Reply #1 on: 4 Dec 2009, 08:18 pm »
Brian said it sounds like a ground loop and recommended a cheater plug. So see what that does for you.

chip

« Reply #2 on: 4 Dec 2009, 08:22 pm »
That didn't do anything - plus it really isn't a hum sound more like a static noise sound. I tried a different power cable to amp, RCA cable from Pre amp and still same issue. It didn't do this a couple days ago. Just noticed it yesterday. I even took the BFD out of the picture.

Voiceray

« Reply #3 on: 4 Dec 2009, 08:53 pm »
You didn't mention that you plug the interconnects going to the subs from the pre-amp into the sats.
If you haven't done that.  Try it and see what happens.

Ray

Marbles

« Reply #4 on: 4 Dec 2009, 09:05 pm »
Unplug your TVcable antannae from your stereo, that is often a problem with it not being grounded correctly.

chip

« Reply #5 on: 4 Dec 2009, 09:15 pm »
Confused....

I have the sub interconnect going from my LMC-1 sub out to sub in on left input. This noise I am getting isn't heard until I turn the volume past 0. It has a crackling noise to it.

I don't run cable. I have a Tivo HD with OTA. But this is not plugged into the receiver at all.

Danny Richie

« Reply #6 on: 4 Dec 2009, 11:27 pm »
Brain says:

Plz ask him to disconnect all interconnects and make sure the green light is on and see if the problem is there. If the problem is still there, I would ask him to return amp to me. I should have a couple of trouble shooting tips. They should also feel free to call me directly. The best way to trouble shoot is by phone.

chip

« Reply #7 on: 13 Jan 2010, 03:36 pm »
FYI....the issue was with my EMO LMC-1 Pre/Pro as it had a bad analog board causing the odd noise I was getting.

Danny Richie

« Reply #8 on: 13 Jan 2010, 04:03 pm »
Thanks for the update Chip.

Voiceray

« Reply #9 on: 13 Jan 2010, 10:49 pm »
FYI....the issue was with my EMO LMC-1 Pre/Pro as it had a bad analog board causing the odd noise I was getting.

On Dec 4 I tried to tell you to plug the cable going to the sub into the sats.
Wouldn't the sats reveal the noise, or was I giving you ill advise.  Anyway I'm glad you found the problem.

Ray

drphoto

« Reply #10 on: 15 Jan 2010, 04:52 am »
FYI for anyone w/ noise issues, I've found you can get hum if a servo lead is loose.