Cover Art for SC 7.4.1 - How do I do it?

Big Red Machine

Cover Art for SC 7.4.1 - How do I do it?
« on: 4 Dec 2009, 01:02 am »
I have no cover art for any of my FLAC files.  Can I add the photos now and is there an easy way?  I looked into the beta sw talked about on the Logictech website but can't figure out where to put the files and then not sure how to get it to work.  SO maybe there is something simpler?

mcullinan

Re: Cover Art for SC 7.4.1 - How do I do it?
« Reply #1 on: 4 Dec 2009, 02:10 am »
Sort of... ;) 

Get the find cover art plugin. Then you need to get an Amazon Access Key ID. PLus secret code. Go here and sign up for the service which gives you the codes and access the images on AMazon. http://docs.amazonwebservices.com/AWSECommerceService/2007-10-29/GSG/GettinganAWSAccessKeyID.html
The access codes are used in the plugin and enable getting the album covers.
Also Click on enable custom search and this will give you an option to type in your own seach just in case the album cover doesnt come up.
Mike

ted_b

• Volunteer
  • "we're all bozos on this bus" F.T.
« Reply #2 on: 4 Dec 2009, 02:21 am »
Pete, were your album covers available to you prior to 7.4.1 or are you asking where to get them initially?  FLAC can embed album art or you can have the art as a cover.jpeg in each of your album folders.  MP3TAG is a good tagger with an Amazon cover art pull down (no registration or key or anything needed).  It embeds art in the FLAC file itself.

Big Red Machine

« Reply #3 on: 4 Dec 2009, 02:38 am »
I have no artwork and my files are all in one large folder.

I found a site to download manually artwork but haven't figured out the setup in the SC settings page.

Do I use %Artist - Album.jpg  if I've named the photo Quincy - Also Known as Mary.jpg just like the Log filename?

ted_b

• Volunteer
« Reply #4 on: 4 Dec 2009, 04:18 am »
I'd just embed the art right into the FLAC files (like they store artist name, etc) and then Squeeze Center (or any other program) will automatically see them.  No need, in this scenario, to do the album.jpeg crap.

Download MP3Tag, then load your files into it (point it to the directory/folder).  Highlight the set of files that are one album, then pull down "tag sources - cover art" and you're there. 

let us know....

Big Red Machine

« Reply #5 on: 5 Dec 2009, 12:56 am »
Very confused with this.  Can't get consistent naming conventions and still no artwork.

Big Red Machine

« Reply #6 on: 5 Dec 2009, 02:49 am »
It says it is pulling artwork but nothing shows up even if I check the box for Amazon and the extra picture folder.  It does not create the extra folder and if I drag in a photo and rename it cover.jpg, then rescan, still nothing.

Big Red Machine

« Reply #7 on: 5 Dec 2009, 03:19 pm »
I see I payed for the mp3tag pro version which is not the version you are using.

zybar

• Volunteer
  • Dutch and Dutch 8C's…yes they are that good!
« Reply #8 on: 5 Dec 2009, 03:40 pm »
It says it is pulling artwork but nothing shows up even if I check the box for Amazon and the extra picture folder.  It does not create the extra folder and if I drag in a photo and rename it cover.jpg, then rescan, still nothing.

Are you rescanning or starting from scratch?

Start from scratch and see what happens.

I use v7.4 from February and have no issues with album art for over 6000 albums.

George

ted_b

• Volunteer
« Reply #9 on: 5 Dec 2009, 03:48 pm »

I'm not sure what "it" is, and don't understand the check boxes and extra picture folder thing.  Are you using MP3Tag?  No need for picture folders, cover.jpegs, nothing.  Just embed the album art right in the music file and save.

Big Red Machine

« Reply #10 on: 5 Dec 2009, 05:16 pm »
I see I payed for the mp3tag pro version which is not the version you are using.

There multiple softwares out there with this name.  I paid for one you guys don't use.  Now I have the one originating in Germany which is what I think you are using.

Big Red Machine

« Reply #11 on: 6 Dec 2009, 03:29 pm »
YOUR software works much easier.  I'm doing this album by album by selecting the tracks and then adding art work and manually when not available.  Is there a batch method? 

I'm up to the "e's".

ted_b

• Volunteer
« Reply #12 on: 6 Dec 2009, 03:52 pm »
No real batch mode, but I select load the whole directory, then
1) select the group of tracks that are one album,
2) then pull down the cover art stuff from Amazon (if you manually find it it's over on the "extended tags" button).
3) make sure I hit save
4) cover art should appear for all tracks in box at bottom of metadata

Each album would take me about 1 minute, but I only needed to do this for 10% of my collection.  I used album-sized folders and folder.jpeg worked usually.  When I went to AIFF for my Amarra Mac server, the convert function picked up most of the art, iTunes (amarra's GUI) picked up some too..

Big Red Machine

« Reply #13 on: 6 Dec 2009, 04:14 pm »
Yep, that's what I'm doing.  I'm in the 20th century now! :o

Now up to the F's.