Tiger Woods' Accident

ctviggen

Tiger Woods' Accident
« on: 1 Dec 2009, 10:18 pm »
Some news outlets have headlines like "Will crash hurt Woods' career?"  It might hurt his credibility and he might lose some advertising contracts because of that, but I doubt it would hurt his golfing career.  Plus, does he care?  He supposedly has made a billion dollars.  Even if he vanished from the golfing scene now, he has plenty to live on for the rest of his life.  If he continues to golf, even without advertising contracts, he can still make quite a bit of money per year.

I can't see what all the fuss is about.  Does anyone else understand the fascination with this crash?

macrojack

• Restricted
Re: Tiger Woods' Accident
« Reply #1 on: 1 Dec 2009, 10:29 pm »
Same significance as Michael Jackson wearing one glove or Monica doing Bill. Nothing there but tabloid fodder.

thunderbrick

• Volunteer
  • I'm just not right!
« Reply #2 on: 1 Dec 2009, 10:36 pm »
He has no legal obligation to meet with the police, but like everyone else who tries to "manage" his image, breaking repeated appointments with the police makes people think they are "spinning" the story.  I think people expect better of those they admire and who have done such a good job of promoting such a clean-living life style.

Now, if John Daly did something like that you can bet alcohol would be involved and people say "yeah, but he is a proven moron" and would take glee in seeing him fined heavily, at least.

And there is little point in comparing real reporters and those breathless idiots who report on what people are wearing today........

zybar

• Facilitator
  • Dutch and Dutch 8C's…yes they are that good!
« Reply #3 on: 1 Dec 2009, 10:39 pm »
Same significance as Michael Jackson wearing one glove or Monica doing Bill. Nothing there but tabloid fodder.

Bingo!!

Let's face it, the public is fascinated with Tiger's personal life and wants the dirt.

This issue really doesn't deserve any more airtime and it should stay private.

George

jakelieb

« Reply #4 on: 1 Dec 2009, 11:11 pm »
Latest is TW: the FL State Police will issue Tiger Woods a citation for careless driving. 

Come on, the poor guy is having trouble enough with all the women without getting a ticket and higher insurance . . . Oh yeah he makes $100M+ a year so I guess it won't hurt much.

Nels Ferre

« Reply #5 on: 2 Dec 2009, 12:08 am »
Q: What's the difference between an automobile and a golf ball?

A: Tiger Woods can drive a golf ball for more than 400 yards.  :thumb:

satfrat

• Restricted
  • Boston Red Sox!! 2004 / 2007 / 2013
« Reply #6 on: 2 Dec 2009, 12:10 am »

Bingo!!

Let's face it, the public is fascinated with Tiger's personal life and wants the dirt.

This issue really doesn't deserve any more airtime and it should stay private.

George

You could say the same about this pathetic thread.  :roll:

macrojack

• Restricted
« Reply #7 on: 2 Dec 2009, 12:21 am »
You think this thread is pathetic? Check out the fascinating "What are you listening to right now" thread. That thing is basically Twitter with pictures.

The basic question of what is such a big deal about Tiger's accident seems valid enough. I would say it addresses an important concern about the mentality of Americans. Many of us can't seem to decide for ourselves what we care about and look to the media (mass mind) to point us toward those things we should be concerned about. It seems to be driven by our fascination with wealth and our peculiarly American acceptance of and fealty for anything that  can be sold to us as celebrity. That's pathetic. Kate and John?

zybar

• Facilitator
  • Dutch and Dutch 8C's…yes they are that good!
« Reply #8 on: 2 Dec 2009, 12:23 am »
You think this thread is pathetic? Check out the fascinating "What are you listening to right now" thread. That thing is basically Twitter with pictures.

The basic question of what is such a big deal about Tiger's accident seems valid enough. I would say it addresses an important concern about the mentality of Americans. Many of us can't seem to decide for ourselves what we care about and look to the media (mass mind) to point us toward those things we should be concerned about. It seems to be driven by our fascination with wealth and our peculiarly American acceptance of and fealty for anything that  can be sold to us as celebrity. That's pathetic. Kate and John?

Kate and John???

Was that a 60's folk duo?   :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

George

gerald porzio

« Reply #9 on: 2 Dec 2009, 12:26 am »
Does this constitute "piling on"?

http://www.dlisted.com/node/35054

satfrat

• Restricted
  • Boston Red Sox!! 2004 / 2007 / 2013
« Reply #10 on: 2 Dec 2009, 12:57 am »
National Enquirer topics don't cut it for me and frankly I find them and the folks who buy that crap pathetic. :thumbdown: I'll stick to my music search. :thumb:  I'll leave the trash topics to you Macrojack.  :notworthy:

Cheers,
Robin

sts9fan

« Reply #11 on: 2 Dec 2009, 01:53 am »
Don't care?  You posted twice inthe thread...

thunderbrick

• Volunteer
  • I'm just not right!
« Reply #12 on: 2 Dec 2009, 02:01 am »
Does this constitute "piling on"?

http://www.dlisted.com/node/35054

Dunno about you, but the girl in that 'article' looks a lot like Michael Jackson to me.    :lol: :o

twitch54

« Reply #13 on: 2 Dec 2009, 02:21 am »
First rule.......never trust a Sweedish women with a three iron in her hands !!

Big deal.......she got pissed @ 'Tigre', he got pissed, left the house @0223, she chased him, caught up to him at the end of the driveway, smashed the back window with the three iron which startled 'Tigre' and he then crashed into the hydrant and the tree !

Lyndon

« Reply #14 on: 2 Dec 2009, 02:45 am »
No, Twitch54
First rule of Fight Club, you don't talk about Fight Club!!!!!
 :wink:

Bigfish

« Reply #15 on: 2 Dec 2009, 02:50 am »
I think this situation is quite funny!  While he doesn't play golf like a normal human he apparently is!  I think Tiger better be like Kobe and buy a big, big diamond real soon!  However, the biggest kick I will get out of this is to see how his advisors deal with the pub!

Ken

TheChairGuy

« Reply #16 on: 2 Dec 2009, 02:52 am »
Hell, I love salacious gossip 8)

Backing into a fire hydrant and breakneck speeds at 2AM isn't a normal event and he's a public figure - whether he wants to be or not.  So, it needs to be reported.

He makes hundreds of millions of dollars because he choose to be a bigger public figure than he would be simply playing golf.  So, if you take the 'kwan' you gotta' take the gossip that goes hand in hand with it.

Two ladies have now come forward claiming they've had affairs with him..stranger things have happened of course than a wandering pecker of some outstanding rich, athlete in the prime of his life and career :)

John

JerryM

• Where's The Bar?
« Reply #17 on: 2 Dec 2009, 03:34 am »
Hell, I love salacious gossip 8)

It may not be that salacious.

I heard she beat him nine consecutive times at Wii Golf and then the $hit hit the fan. :lol:

For cripes sakes, they found him laying on the front lawn, wrecked car, pissed neighbors, fire hydrant spraying a massive plume of water in the air; and her standing over him with a 3-iron.

There are certain times of the month that it may not be that smart to tell a woman that she is cheating.  :rotflmao:

Have fun,
Jerry

PS: Holy Crap!!! That does look like Steven Tyler!!! Hmmm... I have a new outlook on the recent discussion of Mr. Tyler leaving Aerosmith...  :o

Bemopti123

« Reply #18 on: 2 Dec 2009, 03:51 am »
Dude, honestly, why discuss non relevant material and still claim that the material was not worthy of all the attention that is getting.
PS:  Never will understand people's fascination with how some famous people live their lives.  There are so many other things that really NEED discussion.  Let me keep my fingers locked and my lips zipped.

gerald porzio

« Reply #19 on: 2 Dec 2009, 04:58 am »
There are so many other things that really NEED discussion.

Sure. Do cables make a difference? Will tubes lead me to the promised land? Is analog better than digital? Ad nauseum.

How dare the trials & tribulations of Tiger dare distract us from what truly matters?