Use IPod Touch as Squeezebox Duet Remote?

Mike Dzurko

• Industry Participant
Use IPod Touch as Squeezebox Duet Remote?
« on: 30 Nov 2009, 06:54 pm »
Thought I remembered hearing that there was an app for this, but can't find it anywhere. Since I just bought a new Touch, figure it would be handy to have a second remote. Anyone know where to look? Thanks!

bummrush

Re: Use IPod Touch as Squeezebox Duet Remote?
« Reply #1 on: 30 Nov 2009, 07:04 pm »
   How do you like the touch?

Charles Calkins

« Reply #2 on: 30 Nov 2009, 07:29 pm »
Mike:

Contact rashiki. He's done something to his ipod that might be what you're looking for.

Cheers
                                         Charlie

kwl

« Reply #3 on: 30 Nov 2009, 08:59 pm »
The app you are looking for is iPeng.  You will need to buy it ($9.99) through the itunes store, but after that you don't need to use itunes for anything.  I just bought iPeng for my iphone and it works great on my SB3 classic.

ted_b

• Volunteer
  • "we're all bozos on this bus" F.T.
« Reply #4 on: 30 Nov 2009, 09:24 pm »
Yes, iPeng is a great iPhone/iTouch app.  It allows for any number of Squeeze players to be used in your house, too (pull down list on iTouch GUI shows which player is being controlled).  The app requires no modification to your Squeeze setup, etc...it just looks for the SqueezeBox server on your network and offers a GUI interface like the iTunes app or the Remote app.

Mike Dzurko

• Industry Participant
« Reply #5 on: 30 Nov 2009, 09:24 pm »
   How do you like the touch?

So far I like it quite a bit. My first Ipod, though I'm a bit familiar with my wife's Nano and kid's classics etc. The ONLY thing I have a bit of trouble with is making it go into the horizontal album flow thing when I want it to. I think I'll figure that out with a bit more practice. I have enjoyed taking it to the Y, makes the workouts really fly by . . .and I've always liked my "silent" workouts :)

Mike Dzurko

• Industry Participant
« Reply #6 on: 2 Dec 2009, 03:25 pm »
Ted:

That looks very cool. Going to have to try it soon, thanks!

firedog

« Reply #7 on: 15 Dec 2009, 07:16 pm »
Can the iPENG software make the touch a total replacement for a Duet controller? That is, can you use it to do all the setup and programming functions that a Duet controller does, or do you still need to use a controller for initial setup?

Rashiki

« Reply #8 on: 5 Jan 2010, 05:28 pm »
I've also created a controller app for the iPhone/iPod touch called "Squash Controller". It was just posted to iTunes yesterday. It doesn't offer all the features of iPeng, but I really wrote it for myself and decided to make it available to the world anyway.

For those of you interested in trying it, I can give out promotional codes for a free download for the first ten or so people who contact me. You'll have to be from the United States, though, I'm afraid. It's a limitation of iTunes. I think anyone can buy it, but the promotional codes only work in the U.S. store.

-Rob

sts9fan

« Reply #9 on: 5 Jan 2010, 05:34 pm »
I use Squeemote and its works great