Pats vs. Saints tonite!

Bigfish

Re: Pats vs. Saints tonite!
« Reply #20 on: 2 Dec 2009, 03:03 am »
Guys:

I think there is still a lot of football to be played.  Saints appear to be headed to a prefect regular season and I hope the injury bug does not bite!  I am a rabid NFL Fan and I have learned that the Playoffs are totally unpredictable.  Everyone had Tennessee in the Superbowl last year but they got derailed at home by Baltimore.  Another proven fact is that teams with strong defenses seem to fair the best in the Playoffs. 

The match-up I want to see is New Orleans versus the Vikings!  As a diehard Steelers Fan I, unfortunately, expect to be watching teams other than mine in the playoffs this year!  Damn!

Ken

Goosepond

• Virna!
« Reply #21 on: 2 Dec 2009, 03:49 am »
I just gazed into my crystal ball and I see...

A New Orleans Super Bowl!!!

The Saints against New Orleans son Peyton Manning and the Colts.

Papa Archie can't lose!  :thumb:

Gene

If this matchup materializes, I'll have to disagree with ya Gene. I've watched the Colts a lot this year and their defense isn't all that impressive. Can't expect Payton to bail them out every week (even tho he's done just that so far :notworthy: ). Even tho I have only watched 3 Saint games this year, if these 2 teams show up in the SuperBowl, I'm a Saint fan for the 1st time in my life.  :lol:

Cheers,
Robin

Hi Robin,

I think you misunderstood. Archie being an old ex-Saint and Peyton being his son, I'm thinking whoever won, Archie wouldn't be too disappointed.

And if those 2 actually make it to the Super Bowl, I'd be pulling for the Saints.

But I haven't watched 1 down of their games so far. I figure if I start now, I'll just jinx them!  :green:

After 42 years of losing, I refuse to be optimistic.  :thumb:

Gene

satfrat

• Restricted
  • Boston Red Sox!! 2004 / 2007 / 2013
« Reply #22 on: 2 Dec 2009, 04:31 am »
I just gazed into my crystal ball and I see...

A New Orleans Super Bowl!!!

The Saints against New Orleans son Peyton Manning and the Colts.

Papa Archie can't lose!  :thumb:

Gene

If this matchup materializes, I'll have to disagree with ya Gene. I've watched the Colts a lot this year and their defense isn't all that impressive. Can't expect Payton to bail them out every week (even tho he's done just that so far :notworthy: ). Even tho I have only watched 3 Saint games this year, if these 2 teams show up in the SuperBowl, I'm a Saint fan for the 1st time in my life.  :lol:

Cheers,
Robin

Hi Robin,

I think you misunderstood. Archie being an old ex-Saint and Peyton being his son, I'm thinking whoever won, Archie wouldn't be too disappointed.

And if those 2 actually make it to the Super Bowl, I'd be pulling for the Saints.

But I haven't watched 1 down of their games so far. I figure if I start now, I'll just jinx them!  :green:

After 42 years of losing, I refuse to be optimistic.  :thumb:

Gene

Gotcha Gene. I totally overlooked the ole man being an ex-Saint.  :scratch:  Thanks for spelling it out for me. :thumb:

rydenfan

« Reply #23 on: 2 Dec 2009, 03:02 pm »
Guys:

I think there is still a lot of football to be played.  Saints appear to be headed to a prefect regular season and I hope the injury bug does not bite!  I am a rabid NFL Fan and I have learned that the Playoffs are totally unpredictable.  Everyone had Tennessee in the Superbowl last year but they got derailed at home by Baltimore.  Another proven fact is that teams with strong defenses seem to fair the best in the Playoffs. 

The match-up I want to see is New Orleans versus the Vikings!  As a diehard Steelers Fan I, unfortunately, expect to be watching teams other than mine in the playoffs this year!  Damn!

Ken

I totally agree it is a very long season and I in no way want to put the cart ahead of the horse. Hell, most years we dont even win 10 games in a season  :wink: I would say though that have already had numerous injuries and have battled through. We lost Sedrick Ellis on the D line for 5 weeks, Scott Fujita at LB for 3 weeks,  Lance Moore has been out for over  4 games now, Reggie Bush has been out the last two weeks, and against the Pats we had to start a rookie CB and two guys who have been on the team less than a week as we have suffered injuries to our top 3 guys. So I think they have handled it quite well considering these injuries. But there are still many games left and all bets are off in the Playoffs. I do believe it is good that Minn only has one loss as it will keep the pressure on us to stay in top form as we dont want to lose homefield advantage.