Pats vs. Saints tonite!

jimdgoulding

Pats vs. Saints tonite!
« on: 30 Nov 2009, 05:09 pm »
A bunch of the guys on ESPN are pickin the Pats.  Don't think so myself.  May look that way for awhile but when the dust settles, the Saints pull it out.  You think the Saints won't be fired up for this?  You bet yer damn skippy they will.

sts9fan

Re: Pats vs. Saints tonite!
« Reply #1 on: 30 Nov 2009, 05:10 pm »
GO PATS!!!

maxwalrath

« Reply #2 on: 30 Nov 2009, 05:42 pm »
I'm very, very excited for this game. 

rydenfan

« Reply #3 on: 30 Nov 2009, 09:29 pm »
GEAUX SAINTS!!

Demarche

« Reply #4 on: 30 Nov 2009, 10:16 pm »
Should be a wicked good game :thumb: Go Pats!

macrojack

• Restricted
« Reply #5 on: 1 Dec 2009, 12:11 am »
My kinda game ----- I like both teams. Just hope the guys in stripes don't decide the outcome with bogus interference calls and selected holding calls.
I mean really, isn't there holding on every play? How do they decide which ones to call? That's the question that frustrates me about the NFL.

maxwalrath

« Reply #6 on: 1 Dec 2009, 01:00 am »
Speaking of calls, has anyone else been noticing that when one team gets penalized with a questionable call, a flag is thrown on the other team in the next 1-2 plays?  I feel like I saw a lot of that over the last few weeks.  Anyone else think they see the same thing, or is it just me? 

JerryM

• Where's The Bar?
« Reply #7 on: 1 Dec 2009, 03:08 am »
It's called "The Big Easy" for a reason! aa

The Refs in this game should all get a nice bonus. They are officiating a game with some of the best football players ever assembled under one roof, and they are acting like it. It's like a breath of fresh air.

Go Saints,
Jerry

macrojack

• Restricted
« Reply #8 on: 1 Dec 2009, 03:18 am »
At halftime, the Saints are clearly going to be victorious. The only suspense for me lies in what the Saints pass defense will have to do to provoke a pass interference call. Welker was going to score a touchdown if his shirt wasn't grabbed hard enough to yank him backwards. No call.

jqp

• Volunteer
  • Each CD lovingly placed in the nOrh CD-1
« Reply #9 on: 1 Dec 2009, 04:54 am »
Wow that was just painful, not "the best game of the year so far" as it was hyped up to be. Talk about exercising your will...

satfrat

• Restricted
  • Boston Red Sox!! 2004 / 2007 / 2013
« Reply #10 on: 1 Dec 2009, 05:09 am »
Wow that was just painful, not "the best game of the year so far" as it was hyped up to be. Talk about exercising your will...

I can't remember the last time I saw the Patriots manhandled like they were by New Orleans and w/o Bush no less.  :roll:  I really expected the Pat's to test the Saints all the way to the end of the 4th quarter. Maybe it would have been diffferent in Foxboro? :dunno:

Cheers,
Robin

JerryM

• Where's The Bar?
« Reply #11 on: 1 Dec 2009, 05:12 am »
How about Drew Brees with a perfect Passer Rating for the game?

True Contenders, IMHO.

Have fun,
Jerry

F-100

« Reply #12 on: 1 Dec 2009, 05:31 am »
If the Saints keep playing at this caliber like tonight, nobody will be able to beat them.

jimdgoulding

« Reply #13 on: 1 Dec 2009, 11:50 am »

I can't remember the last time I saw the Patriots manhandled like they were by New Orleans and w/o Bush no less.  :roll:  I really expected the Pat's to test the Saints all the way to the end of the 4th quarter. Maybe it would have been diffferent in Foxboro? :dunno:
Probably so.  The Saints have a pretty easy schedule remaining.  If they don't lose a couple they'll have home field thru the playoffs.  What a perfect game from more than just Brees.   
Cheers,
Robin

zybar

• Facilitator
  • Dutch and Dutch 8C's…yes they are that good!
« Reply #14 on: 1 Dec 2009, 12:26 pm »
Now that was fun to watch!!   :beer:

Way to go Saints - now it will be a nice quiet day at work.   :thumb:

George

TomS

« Reply #15 on: 1 Dec 2009, 01:42 pm »
The only other undefeated team is the Colts. I get to watch them pretty regularly.  I also watched when they played the Pats this year.

I have to say the Saints are the best team in Football right now.  They are impressive.
Absolutely agreed.  The Saints looked awesome last night against a very good team.  I don't think the Colts have really encountered many top teams yet, with the exception of NE.  I watched a little of the Minn game and while they have that old QB and intangibles going for them, the Saints will be very hard to stop if they keep all their weapons intact through the season.  WOW!

twitch54

« Reply #16 on: 1 Dec 2009, 02:35 pm »
I can't remember the last time I saw the Patriots manhandled like they were by New Orleans and w/o Bush no less.

I'll help 'jog' your memory.......... opening day about five years ago against the Bills, Greg Williams was the Bills head coach, Bledsoe the Bills quarterback, Bills wip'ed 'em ...like 38-0. Fast forward a couple of years Williams is now def coordinator for the Redskins, Pats and Belichek eat up a weak Washington defense and run up the score, something like 45-14. Next match-up........last nite, Greg Williams is now def coordinator for the Saints.........ahhhhhh....payback time for that prick Belichek again ! I love it !!

rydenfan

« Reply #17 on: 1 Dec 2009, 02:51 pm »
Now that was fun to watch!!   :beer:

Way to go Saints - now it will be a nice quiet day at work.   :thumb:

George

Absolutely!! great day to be a Saints fan in New England  :lol:

We looked awesome last night. 5 TD and 5 incomplete passes for Brees, not a bad day. I was getting tons of calls and texts after the first Pats drive when they scored the td. I explained to everyone that most games this year the Saints D gives up a long opening drive usualyl resulting in a td. From that point on Gregg Williams learns what he needs to and the D looks completely different. Only giving up 10 points the rest of the game and forcing 2 turnovers (although Ellis gave it right back) is pretty damn impressive against the Pats offense.  :thumb:

Goosepond

• Virna!
« Reply #18 on: 1 Dec 2009, 08:19 pm »
I just gazed into my crystal ball and I see...

A New Orleans Super Bowl!!!

The Saints against New Orleans son Peyton Manning and the Colts.

Papa Archie can't lose!  :thumb:

Gene

satfrat

• Restricted
  • Boston Red Sox!! 2004 / 2007 / 2013
« Reply #19 on: 2 Dec 2009, 02:22 am »
I just gazed into my crystal ball and I see...

A New Orleans Super Bowl!!!

The Saints against New Orleans son Peyton Manning and the Colts.

Papa Archie can't lose!  :thumb:

Gene

If this matchup materializes, I'll have to disagree with ya Gene. I've watched the Colts a lot this year and their defense isn't all that impressive. Can't expect Payton to bail them out every week (even tho he's done just that so far :notworthy: ). Even tho I have only watched 3 Saint games this year, if these 2 teams show up in the SuperBowl, I'm a Saint fan for the 1st time in my life.  :lol:

Cheers,
Robin