Anyone using a video scaler with their projector?

DFaulds

« on: 13 Jan 2004, 06:50 pm »
I bought a Sony VPL-HS10 LCD projector a few months ago, and am very happy with the picture -- when the source is good.  However, basic cable broadcasts aren't very good, and based on what I've been reading,  adding a video scaler may help.  Any opinions on which ones might be worth checking out?

Johng316

« Reply #1 on: 13 Jan 2004, 08:07 pm »
I use an HTPC with mine for DVD source and get excellent results with a CRT projector.  I imagine you could use the same with a decent TV tuner card and get good results.

John G

bubba966

« Reply #2 on: 13 Jan 2004, 08:30 pm »
Don't use one myself, but I've always heard fairly good things about DVDO's products. They'd be worth checking out.

http://www.dvdo.com/

Mike Dzurko

• Industry Participant
Re: Anyone using a video scaler with their projector?
« Reply #3 on: 17 Jan 2004, 07:04 pm »
Quote from: DFaulds
I bought a Sony VPL-HS10 LCD projector a few months ago, and am very happy with the picture -- when the source is good.  However, basic cable broadcasts aren't very good, and based on what I've been reading,  adding a video scaler may help.  Any opinions on which ones might be worth checking out?

I've been researching this topic myself. As a new PJ owner I love watching DVDs but SD TV is not very good. I've done a bunch of searching over at the AVS forums, HTforum and corresponded with Dale at DVDO. It sounds like the only way to know how much improvement we'll get it to actually try a unit. I might order one sometime when my schedule clears a bit so I'll have time to really look it over before deciding whether to keep it or not. Probably the DVDP Ultra . .