RM-9 running on half the tubes?

Ericus Rex

RM-9 running on half the tubes?
« on: 21 Nov 2009, 03:45 pm »
I remember reading in this circle a couple years ago about how the RM-9 could be run using only 4 output tubes (instead of the usual 8).  I remember Roger saying that was fine if you didn't need the power.  I've looked for that post and can't seem to find it.  Anyone remember where it is?  ...or what was said?

Ericus Rex

Re: RM-9 running on half the tubes?
« Reply #1 on: 21 Nov 2009, 03:46 pm »
the above paranthetic should have read "(instead of the usual eight)".  Don't know what happened there!

Leadfeathers

« Reply #2 on: 21 Nov 2009, 08:18 pm »
Hi -  You're right that Roger did say that.  I was reviewing a lot of the past topics and replies last week, and ran across that.  But, I don't remember which topic it was either.  Later on, I'll run thru the threads and earlier pages to see if I can find it.
   Just to clarify his statement, he said that on the RM-9, you could run the amp with either the front 2 power tubes, or rear 2 power tubes only without damage to the amp. 

Ericus Rex

« Reply #3 on: 22 Nov 2009, 12:22 am »
With no damage to tubes or shortened life?  That's the part I don't quite remember.

Thanks Leadfeathers!

Robin

« Reply #4 on: 22 Nov 2009, 01:56 am »
You can see the topic on "rm9mk1 4 power tubes instead of 8" dated September 09, 2008. And last reply was posted by Roger dated September 16, 2008.

I'm interested in the topic because there is one RM-9 in a shop near my home.

Ericus Rex

« Reply #5 on: 22 Nov 2009, 02:56 am »
That's what I was looking for!   Thanks Robin!