Dual ob servo, its the way to go...

TRADERXFAN

• Trillions will vanish... it's a debt blackhole.
    • GALLERY
Dual ob servo, its the way to go...
« on: 16 Nov 2009, 10:21 pm »
I had bought 2 of the 16fr drivers and amp for a single, w-frame ob servo sub way back when. I had really liked it and all,  but just didn't think it was quite "complete". Despite all of the great things it was doing, I thought it needed a bit more oomph or something. So I bought a sealed servo to add into the mix to see if that would get that little something back into it.  That didn't really do it either.

Well fast forward and I just finished getting a 2nd one up and working. This made all kinds of difference for me. I am grinning ear to ear.  These are awesome. I highly recommend getting 2, to play in stereo.  I have them right under my mains (Gedlee "Abbey") and its really something.

I can't wait for that Dodd buffer now. I am ready...  :drool:

-Tony

2bigears

Re: Dual ob servo, its the way to go...
« Reply #1 on: 17 Nov 2009, 12:19 am »
 :D YOU DO NOT LIKE THEM.... :o YOU DO NOT LIKE THEM.... :o YOU MUST SELL THEM TO ME :thumb: green with envy.... :green:   :D Danny--more drivers please hurry....... :D

jtwrace

• www.theintellectualpeoplepodcast.com
    • TIPP YouTube Channel
« Reply #2 on: 17 Nov 2009, 12:56 am »
I can't wait for that Dodd buffer now. I am ready...  :drool:
-Tony

Me too!  Looking forward to trying it against my Cary SLP-05.  Garys says 40 days though. 

Nick77

« Reply #3 on: 17 Nov 2009, 01:05 am »
Tony glad you finally have the bass response you were looking for, kinda suspected it might take 4 drivers.

Now what the heck will the buffer do  :scratch:

2bigears

« Reply #4 on: 17 Nov 2009, 03:07 am »
 :D two dual subs is what i need also. is the latest 40 days out ???? that sucks big time..  :duh:  what the heck is a buffer ???? :D

jtwrace

• www.theintellectualpeoplepodcast.com
    • TIPP YouTube Channel
« Reply #5 on: 17 Nov 2009, 03:09 am »
:D two dual subs is what i need also. is the latest 40 days out ???? that sucks big time..  :duh:  what the heck is a buffer ???? :D

http://doddaudio.com/BatteryPoweredTubeBufferPreamp.aspx