Peachtree Nova won Stereophile "Product of the Year" award for 2009!

senad

Peachtree Nova just won Stereophile "Product of the Year" award for 2009. If you didn't hear of it before, Nova is a really nice DAC, Class A preamp and 80W ST MOSFET amp in a single box, costing $1200. I bought one recently and I couldn't be happier.

Even more impressively, it was a runner-up in "Amplification of the Year" category, competing with Benchmark DAC1 USB Pre D/A preamplifier ($1595), Boulder 865 integrated amplifier ($12,000), Conrad-Johnson Classic SE preamplifier ($1750), Parasound Halo JC 1 monoblock power amplifiers ($8000/pair), Pass Labs XA30.5 power amplifier ($5500), Simaudio Moon I-1 integrated amplifier ($1700), Simaudio Moon Evolution P-8 preamplifier ($15,000) and VTL MB450 Signature monoblock power amplifier ($15,000).

ksbruce

I know I love mine!

roscoeiii

Boy does that make me excited about the other ESS Sabre chip based DACs coming out shortly. Including, of course, Peachtree's own standalone DAC.

Other exciting ones include those from Eastern Electric, Wyred4Sound, NuForce, Virtue.

Charles Calkins

Sure hope they are hearing better things out of it than that awful Cambridge DacMagic that was rated #3.

Cheers
                                          Charlie

Lyndon

Charles,
The Cambridge Dac Magic uses the Sabre chip?  I thought it used the British Wolfson dac chips?
Lyndon

Charles Calkins

Dual Wolfson WM8740 24 bit DAC's. Whatever that means.

Cheers
                              Charlie

roscoeiii

And NuForce has a new DAC coming out as well, but I didn't find anything re: what DAC chip they are using. They seem to be a bit tight-lipped of about such things.

Affordable$$Audio

I'm sure a couple of the guys would really enjoy reviewing the Peachtree Nova.  The stars just need to align with Nova's parent company Signal Path Int.