Strange issue

infiniti driver

Strange issue
« on: 11 Jan 2004, 04:38 am »
Hello!

I recently took one of my old hard drives and installed it in the "slave" area on my ribbon cable (ide) and began burning a decent number of CDR's of its contents. The Reader/Writer is a plextor 12-10-32 and has been flawless in its operation. With the hard drive plugged in and active, I can burn its contents to disc no problem using nero 5.599 (I dont care for nero past 5.599 or nero 6). What I cannot do is read anything with it if the drive (slave) is connected. How do I get the CD drive to read while the slave is plugged in? The jumpers are set correctly.

Contents of the computer is:

C drive, 40G
D drive, Plextor 12-10-32
E drive, 20G the old one I am using for archives, now making CDR's from
Processor 1.8GHZ
Ram 512MB
FSB 400M
Opsys WinXP

BTW, this in no way is affecting the Plextors ability to write to the blank CDR's from the E drive or C drive.

jkarhan1

Strange issue
« Reply #1 on: 11 Jan 2004, 05:34 am »
First make sure the Plextor is pinned for "master". And the Hard drive is pinned as slave.  Check your connections and try again.  The 0 pin on the ribbon cable should match the 0 pin on both the drives.

If you have done the above correctly you shouldnt have any problems.
If the problem persists try leaving the CD burner on one cable. And putting both harddrives on the same (IDE)cable (making sure the above is done :)  )