DONATED TO CHARITY AND NO LONGER AVAILBLE

baileyler

DONATED TO CHARITY AND NO LONGER AVAILBLE
« on: 10 Nov 2009, 03:19 pm »
Studio Experience 20HD Projector with Lamp and Mount, and Optional HDCP ?Fix?

$549 WITH the Dtrovision DVI Link DD-D12 (HDCP fix)
$399 WITHOUT the Dtrovision DVI Link DD-D12 (HDCP fix)

Please note that I will not sell the DD-D12 separately unless and until the projector is sold.

This is the clone of the Sanyo PLV-70 which, not all that long ago, was one of the highest regarded home theater projectors.  A true light canon, and still excellent for sports and video games (and not bad for movies either).  Further details can be found at the following link:

http://www.projectorcentral.com/Studio_Exp.-Cinema_20HD.htm

I am the second owner of this unit, and have used it reasonably lightly over about the last three years or so.  During that time, the projector has been in a smoke-free environment, and always hooked up to a laboratory grade line conditioner/voltage regulator.  I know the original owner is very meticulous with his equipment, so my guess is that this unit has been well treated since the original purchase.

I am still on the lamp that came with the projector when I purchased it.  The lamp timer is at 817 hours, but the bulb is still very bright.  There is an extra new lamp, plus a used lamp that the original owner felt was starting to dim (so replaced it with the current lamp).  I have kept it around as an emergency spare, but never needed it.

The projector has never had any operational issues, other than the well-known need to remove internal dust blobs twice (because the light path is not sealed as with most LCD-based projectors).  This is a straightforward procedure, and may need to be done after transport.  The projector is also adjusted for my particular setup (I would not call it calibrated), so you may need to make some readjustment for your situation.

A mount is included, which is the Epson ELPMBPJF kit except that the bracket that attaches to the projector is one that is specific for the 20HD (I am keeping the universal projector bracket).

I also have the original remote and manual, plus some information that can be used to create custom resolutions which work well with this projector (if you have a video processor with that capability).

Since the projector is in and of itself not HDCP compatible, I have been using it with the famous Dtrovision DD-D12 distribution amp/HDCP fix.  As indicated above, you can purchase the projector with or without this unit.

GENERAL TERMS AND CONDITIONS

Please note that these items are being sold ?AS IS?; however, I will guarantee against DOA or a material misdescription in the listing. 

Money order/cashiers check/personal check preferred, but all must clear my bank first.  I also accept Paypal for convenience (but add 3.2% to the total).

I might consider some trade value.  Specific interests are limited, but include SACD and DVD-A discs, and possibly a DAC that can process a 24/96 signal.  Other things might be of interest at the right value, so feel free to ask.

Local pickup is highly encouraged, but I can ship if needed. In the USA, shipping will be via FedEx Ground. Everything will be packed well and double boxed, so expect an oversized package of about 30 pounds. I may or may not ship outside of the USA, so contact me to confirm.

Please check my feedback on Audiogon, Videogon and Ebay (ID=baileyler) and buy with confidence.

« Last Edit: 9 Dec 2009, 10:11 pm by baileyler »