LS-9 Dimensions question

dgshtav

LS-9 Dimensions question
« on: 9 Nov 2009, 09:44 pm »
I have couple of questions on the LS-9 dimensions. I am referring to the LS-9 plans here.

1. The front panel on page 1 shows a total front height of 80.875?. On the page showing a side view of braces, the plan also shows that all the four sides of the speaker sit on top of the base piece (instead of the base sitting inside the four sides.) which suggests that the total height of 80.875? includes the bottom and top pieces. So given that, the net height of the front panel would be 80-875 minus 0.75? bottom minus 0.75? top = 79.375?

Now the question is, when the front panel page lists the speaker height for the bottom first speaker as 5.6875, does that include the base height of 0.75?? In other words, should I read it as 5.6875? from the bottom of the base (not to be confused with speaker bases like floating base or the ?X? base, etc.), or is it 5.6875? from the bottom of the front panel?

2. Same question for the tweeter cutout. Is the 41.125? mid-point of the tweeter box from the bottom of the base piece (not to be confused with speaker bases like floating base or the ?X? base, etc.)  or is it from the bottom of the fron panel.

I have sent an email to Danny (only a few minutes ago) as well asking this question, but in case Danny doesn?t get to my email before EOD, I thought I will post the questions here as well to see if others who have built the LS-9s can help answer as I was planning on working on the front panels today.

Thanks,
Dinesh

Danny Richie

Re: LS-9 Dimensions question
« Reply #1 on: 9 Nov 2009, 11:02 pm »
I just e-mail you a response that should straighten out the confusion.

Bill A

« Reply #2 on: 8 Sep 2013, 03:44 pm »
Hi Danny,

What was the answer to this, and is there a better drawing?

Bill

Danny Richie

« Reply #3 on: 11 Sep 2013, 03:33 pm »
Now the question is, when the front panel page lists the speaker height for the bottom first speaker as 5.6875, does that include the base height of 0.75?? In other words, should I read it as 5.6875? from the bottom of the base (not to be confused with speaker bases like floating base or the ?X? base, etc.), or is it 5.6875? from the bottom of the front panel?

That is from the bottom of the front panel.

2. Same question for the tweeter cutout. Is the 41.125? mid-point of the tweeter box from the bottom of the base piece (not to be confused with speaker bases like floating base or the ?X? base, etc.)  or is it from the bottom of the fron panel.

That is based on the length of the front panel, and measured from the bottom of the front panel.