NuForce Speaker cable and balanced interconnects

danbern3

NuForce Speaker cable and balanced interconnects
« on: 5 Nov 2009, 01:02 am »
Purchased my first set of NuForce cable a few weeks ago. I'm running a pair of 8.5 v2's to psb stratus goldi speakers. I set the cd changer to repeat and play continuously for ten to twelve hours each day.
Jason estimated the burn-in would take at least 50 hours. There it was 65,,,75,,,,,,85 hours and still the sound stage was as flat as a cardboard popup.
On my cousin's suggestion I purchased one of those quicky burn-in cds ...... this one was recommended by the maker of Genesis speakers.
Oh miracle of miracles .................for thirty minutes......... a combination noise of a television set loud on channel zero and an MRI......the stage popped up, deep and wide. pinpoint imaging, particularly on percussion.
Soon after, I connected a pair of balanced interconnects from preamp to the 8.5's. The sound became clearer and smoother.
Casey and Jason you have done it again. If you own NuForce amps or preamp you should give these cables a shot. They are made for NuForce equipment, do not cost an arm and a leg and, unlike so many other cables out there, are very easy to use.

rustydoglim

• Industry Contributor
    • www.nuprimeaudio.com
Re: NuForce Speaker cable and balanced interconnects
« Reply #1 on: 5 Nov 2009, 09:33 am »
We don't use pretty jacket on the cable but spent it on where it counts, the full copper shielding inside. The purpose of the transparent jacket is to show off the copper inside  :thumb:
These cable has an extra ground wire built into it and as danbern3 has found out, it works really well with Nuforce amps.

HumanMedia

« Reply #2 on: 5 Nov 2009, 01:38 pm »
On my cousin's suggestion I purchased one of those quicky burn-in cds ...... this one was recommended by the maker of Genesis speakers.

Which burn-in CD was it?

sac8d4

« Reply #3 on: 6 Nov 2009, 01:06 am »
If it was Genesis making the recommendation, it was the ISOtek disc they are importers of ISOtek in the US