"Cook.... where's my hassenpheffer?

werd

"Cook.... where's my hassenpheffer?
« on: 3 Nov 2009, 09:19 pm »
Hi James

How long does it take for delivery  from Bryston to a retail outlet via Fed ex?  :hyper: :hyper:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lDe8fTgVUZw

James Tanner

• Facilitator
  • The Demo is Everything!
    • http://www.bryston.com
Re: "Cook.... where's my hassenpheffer?
« Reply #1 on: 3 Nov 2009, 10:44 pm »
Hi James

How long does it take for delivery  from Bryston to a retail outlet via Fed ex?  :hyper: :hyper:

About 3 working days.

james

Laundrew

• "Sometimes it rains inside my head..."
« Reply #2 on: 3 Nov 2009, 11:03 pm »
Hi James

About 3 working days.

james

Hmm... what do they say about time being relative? You must also take into account your "anticipation factor."

Here's to a speedy delivery :thumb:

werd

« Reply #3 on: 4 Nov 2009, 12:23 am »
Hi Laundrew

Wasnt sure if i really wanted the bcd1 or not. Ive heard the bcd1 in other systems and thought it be very nice. I always thought the bda1 would be the way to go even with redbook as ive stated in other posts. It wasnt until i read Bryston's explanation (below)did it remind me of the BDA's drawback over an all in one player.

The advantage of an all in one box solution for a CD Player (as opposed to a separate outboard DAC and Drive) is the elimination of jitter. For optimum performance the Drive and DAC must use the same MASTER CLOCK. If the clock signal of the drive is not synchronized with the clock signal from the DAC then jitter develops. In external DACs the digital input must be re-clocked in order to reduce the jitter. Jitter is defined as mistiming of the digital signal

So i thought "what the hell" and went down and put a down payment on an bcd.

Laundrew

« Reply #4 on: 4 Nov 2009, 12:29 am »
I know how you can pass the time waiting for your BCD-1 werd, start organizing your CDs into an auditioning sequence - have all the CD piles ready for delivery day :wink: aa

werd

« Reply #5 on: 4 Nov 2009, 12:38 am »
I know how you can pass the time waiting for your BCD-1 werd, start organizing your CDs into an auditioning sequence - have all the CD piles ready for delivery day :wink: aa

I am starting to do that now, looking for a good power cable and xlr's to finish the job. These ultralink power cables are nice but  are cryo treated, which is cool but not what i am looking for. http://www.ultralinkcables.com/#/products/compare/AC POWER CORDS/ They better my Shunyata python helix's and a 1/4 of the cost.

I am willing to check out their xlr since their power cables are so nice. And they are very cheap relatively speaking.

werd

« Reply #6 on: 5 Nov 2009, 01:10 am »
 :lol: went down to pickup my BCD today and forgot my cc at home. And to boot the guy who sold it to me was on his day off and nobody could find his orders.  :duh: ttl fail. Guess i will try again tomorrow.

Laundrew

« Reply #7 on: 5 Nov 2009, 01:26 am »
:lol: went down to pickup my BCD today and forgot my cc at home. And to boot the guy who sold it to me was on his day off and nobody could find his orders.  :duh: ttl fail. Guess i will try again tomorrow.

Why not look at today as a practice run :wink:

werd

« Reply #8 on: 6 Nov 2009, 12:18 am »
 :scratch: Got my player today and cant seem to get it to play. When i turn my player on it loads the cd and when i press play, a message scrolls across the led screen " James Tanner rules while Werd drools" and then when i press stop it scrolls "ha ha ha". I am not kidding how do i reset this?

Laundrew

« Reply #9 on: 6 Nov 2009, 12:29 am »
:scratch: Got my player today and cant seem to get it to play. When i turn my player on it loads the cd and when i press play, a message scrolls across the led screen " James Tanner rules while Werd drools" and then when i press stop it scrolls "ha ha ha". I am not kidding how do i reset this?

Are you serious :scratch:

James Tanner

• Facilitator
  • The Demo is Everything!
    • http://www.bryston.com
« Reply #10 on: 6 Nov 2009, 01:10 am »

Yes we had the software changed just to make sure you really understand who's really in charge here!

james

srb

« Reply #11 on: 6 Nov 2009, 01:15 am »
See, not many manufacturers would even consider supplying custom firmware for their customers.

But Bryston takes that extra step!  Kudos James!

Steve

werd

« Reply #12 on: 6 Nov 2009, 02:31 am »
 :lol: woot got it to reset.  I can see why you recommend the BCD player for cd's and the BDA for everything else. Its still early for me but the BCD has such nice attack on its leadng edges compared to the BDA, however it could be my transport too. Talk more about it latr.

drummermitchell

« Reply #13 on: 6 Nov 2009, 03:14 am »
Congrats Werd,I'm sure you'll like what she does.
Are you running her analog outs to your BP-25 orrrrrr
keep us posted ,I'm sure you will.

werd

« Reply #14 on: 6 Nov 2009, 03:19 am »
Congrats Werd,I'm sure you'll like what she does.
Are you running her analog outs to your BP-25 orrrrrr
keep us posted ,I'm sure you will.

Hi Drummer

Short of cables right now so my bda sits idle. I am using the same cables rca to tapemonitor in and xlr's from my bp-25 to my amp. I will be ordering some of those ultralink xlr's shortly with an ultralink power cable that isnt cryo. I will be able to swap back and forth this way and compare.

drummermitchell

« Reply #15 on: 6 Nov 2009, 03:34 am »
Very good,That's what I did with the  BCD-1(AES XLR going to the DAC) and the analog xlrs out  to the 26 and analog XLRs out of BCD-1 to the 26.
Easy to turn the knob and compare.Seems  for me, I like my BCD-1 going direct to the 26,sounds a little more right.
Can't remember how the coax was,obvious I don't miss it.

werd

« Reply #16 on: 6 Nov 2009, 03:47 am »
Very good,That's what I did with the  BCD-1(AES XLR going to the DAC) and the analog xlrs out  to the 26 and analog XLRs out of BCD-1 to the 26.
Easy to turn the knob and compare.Seems  for me, I like my BCD-1 going direct to the 26,sounds a little more right.
Can't remember how the coax was,obvious I don't miss it.

On the way home today from pickin it up i got stuck in traffic right infront of a granite tabletop  ktichen and bathroom store. So i pulled in and asked for a piece of junk 1.5 inch granite slap (been wanting to do this for awhile). he went to the back and came back with a broken piece and unfinished, but big enough for the BCD. It looks ok in the front but in the back its broken. I tried it first with it on the slab and then listened. Then i tried   sitting just on my rack. The slab is heavy as all hell, about the same weight as my 4B but having it under my BCD changed it alot. I might get them in the spring time to polish me up a granite table and place it over my top shelf for my source gear.  It will cost about 500 bucks but it look and sound superb.

I am always into putting stuff  under my source gear and hearing what it does.

Robert D

« Reply #17 on: 7 Nov 2009, 12:02 am »
Werd what color are our speakers

They look great

Or have you got one of each

Robert

werd

« Reply #18 on: 7 Nov 2009, 01:51 am »
Werd what color are our speakers

They look great

Or have you got one of each

Robert

Hi Robert

the ones on the far right are the golden burls and the ones i own, and the ones on the far right are also the newest series. Notice the sloped grills, those are on the latest series and dont exist on earlier models. Apparently it addressed some phase issues.

anyone that likes their music at casual levels would love these speakers. They are transmission line  and are quite tall. they fill the room at low volume nicely. I have to go upstairs to make sure the music isnt louder than it is.

Viajero5000

« Reply #19 on: 7 Nov 2009, 01:53 am »
I agree, those zens are nice speakers... even and neutral.