TJ Full Music 12AX7's

chuckworkb

TJ Full Music 12AX7's
« on: 2 Nov 2009, 01:06 am »
Has anyone tried these tubes?

I am curious what people think of these.

Here is the web site
http://www.grantfidelity.com/site/TJ_Full_Music_12AX7

Rachel @ Grant Fidelity

DTB300

Re: TJ Full Music 12AX7's
« Reply #2 on: 17 Nov 2009, 03:33 pm »
And here is another review of them:

http://www.tonepublications.com/gear/tj-music-full-music-vacuum-tubes/

Statements that I really agree with are:  "Dynamics were increased, with extension at both ends of the frequency scale, without any harshness"

"....the horns jumped out of the speaker plane and were right in front of me, with the image having much more front to back dimensionality."

I have used the following 12AX7's in my ARC Pre:  JJ (ARC Supplied), Mullard (New Release), Matsushita (NOS), Sylvania (NOS), and the TJ.

In my setup I found the TJ and Sylvania to be very close with the TJ having better defined frequency extensions.  Both presented a wide and deep sound stage. 

The Mats are also nice sounding, but with less top end and a sound stage not quite as vast as the TJ and Sylvania.

The Mullard and JJ sound more on the same plane as the speakers - almost flat sounding compared to the TJ and Sylvania.

For "New" tubes, instead of having to search endlessly for NOS, they are a great tube to consider in a rig.  But like any other tube, it is really system and synergy dependent on the each persons results. 

GF offers for an additional $10, a 12 Month warranty on the tubes.  While there has been no reports of early failures with the TJ, $10 is worth it in my opinion for more peace of mind.

BobRex

« Reply #3 on: 17 Nov 2009, 03:39 pm »

GF offers for an additional $10, a 12 year warranty on the tubes.  While there has been no reports of early failures with the TJ, $10 is worth it in my opinion for more peace of mind.

(I'm sure this was a type, but just in case...)

Ummm, no, GF offes a 12 MONTH warranty.  Nobody in their right mind would offer a 12 year warrany on tubes.

yoder

« Reply #4 on: 22 Nov 2009, 11:48 pm »
I used them to replace my Grant Fidelity A-348 stock tubes.  Probably not a fair fight between a $10 and $50 tube, but that was the point of getting them.  The TJ's opened up the soundstage more, highs are more detailed and smoother, and bass has more presence.  For the least expensive tube rolling option on my amp, it made a big impact.

Les Lammers

« Reply #5 on: 24 Nov 2009, 01:16 pm »
It is good that we now have decent new production small signal tubes as an option.  :D

carusoracer

« Reply #6 on: 7 Dec 2009, 05:32 pm »
Anyone else have comments? I have looked for quite awhile regarding any further reviews or threads? I really enjoy my 6CA7 Treasures, so I'm wondering if the same quality and sound can be expected as I have always been a NOS guy.

rollo

• Industry Participant
  • Rollo Audio Consulting -
« Reply #7 on: 7 Dec 2009, 05:51 pm »
  IMO they have a singnature similiar to Amperex and Telefunken. There is only one way to find out. All the opinions here are based on the tube in our systems. BUY THEM!!.
   I bought the TJ 211s as well very happy.

charles