Average daily listening time...

Laundrew

• "Sometimes it rains inside my head..."
Average daily listening time...
« on: 30 Oct 2009, 01:44 am »
How much time do you spend daily listening to music on your main audio system. Do not include ipods (still shudders from recent weekend revelation, jaw feeling much better), car stereos, etc...

:scratch:

Laundrew

• "Sometimes it rains inside my head..."
Re: Average daily listening time...
« Reply #1 on: 30 Oct 2009, 01:47 am »
For me, normally 2 - 3 hours on weekdays and approximately 4 - 6 hours on Saturday and Sunday.

:D

alexone

• Anthony Bower, Stan Rybbert, John Stoneborough
« Reply #2 on: 30 Oct 2009, 01:56 am »
depends on how busy i am...but usually music is running almost always. so i would say 3-4 hours a day.

al. :green:

FullRangeMan

• Volunteer
  • To whom more was given more will be required.
    • Never go to a psychiatrist, adopt a straycat or dog. On the street they live only two years average.
« Reply #3 on: 30 Oct 2009, 01:57 am »
My daily time is zero time...   I listen music once a week or less.   I have a pile of new SACDs to listen.  This 2008 financial crisis upset me yet today, while the stocks prices does not return to normal I'm not rest.

James Tanner

• Facilitator
  • The Demo is Everything!
    • http://www.bryston.com
« Reply #4 on: 30 Oct 2009, 02:26 am »
There is not a day goes by that I do not listen to at least one of my three systems.  :drool:

james

Mag

« Reply #5 on: 30 Oct 2009, 05:29 pm »
I'm finding it difficult to balance stereo time and HDTV viewing time. I estimate I listen to music about 28 hrs per week.

On my last job 4 years back, being that I worked evenings. I was averaging about 50 hrs per week.

Robert D

« Reply #6 on: 30 Oct 2009, 11:03 pm »
Since I work from Home, the Radio is on from 5.00 am to 8.00 Pm ish
Dinner 8.00 ish BCD-1 gets to join the fun! We play Music during dinner 1 Hour or so?.
My wife loves the Vibes so it?s a big Plus

Weeks ends I say 2 to 3 hours serious Vibes. From 8.30 am to 11.30 Ish Saturday and Sunday

Robert

Average daily listening time is alot

Robert D

« Reply #7 on: 31 Oct 2009, 01:33 pm »
P.S
BOB MARLLEY and the Wailers GOLD Disk 1

Has been on this Morning since 7.35 am
At 9.Oclock on the Bp26 

Robert

Levi

« Reply #8 on: 31 Oct 2009, 03:31 pm »
I have music constantly running when I am home.  My tube preamp is burning hot all the time! 

ecramer

• Volunteer
  • In time whats deserved always get served.
« Reply #9 on: 31 Oct 2009, 03:50 pm »
I have music constantly running when I am home.  My tube preamp is burning hot all the time! 

If i'm in the house the big rig is on playing music 5 am to 6am 6pm till 10pm at night

predrag

« Reply #10 on: 31 Oct 2009, 08:06 pm »
I`m running my own small business. This takes me the whole day at work.
Usually listen on weekends. Average in last 6 months: 5 hours per week!
Pity I can`t listen more.

statikk

« Reply #11 on: 3 Nov 2009, 03:07 am »
I probably average 1-2hrs/day during the week.  :green:

drummermitchell

« Reply #12 on: 3 Nov 2009, 03:38 am »
7:00am-9:00am,then I go watch paint dry :drool:,home at 4:00pm,watch my show 5:00pm 7ish 3-4 hrs a day,weekends same as we work those to.
My little china doll jsut became a Canadian last thurs :thumb:..Now she can get
her Canadian passport and we'll be off to China again :o.

guest48077

« Reply #13 on: 3 Nov 2009, 05:52 am »
When I am at home my System is ALWAYS ON. Unless I am sleeping or watching a movie. When I go out of town for work for a few days I really miss my system and music. I dont want to guess at an average listening time, I have NO clue 

sfraser

« Reply #14 on: 3 Nov 2009, 05:24 pm »
I could listen to music 24/7. At home we tend to spend a lot of time in the kitchen, preping meals, clean up after meals, folding laundry, helping our daughter out with homework etc. If the TV is off in adjacent  family room, then usually there is music playing during these activities. We often have music playing during supper as well. As you can tell this is background music, but our family room is quite large and it sounds pretty good. I don't ever seem to have  enough time to sit down in the audio room for dedicated listening.
My wife is currently traveling, last Sunday night my 19 yr old son and his girlfriend dropped by to have supper with my daughter and I . My wife typically  does not like loud music, so we used her absence  to have a Bob Marley session during dinner. BBQ steak, fine wine and thumping Marley......beautiful!

I work for a large Hi tech company. I installed a Squeeze Center Service on one of lab file servers. Most of the group I work with now stream music from the Squeeze Center over our corporate network to our desktops using softsqueeze as the client and headphones of course.

I also belong to a little Hunt Camp just outside of Algonquin Park. We are blessed with several members who can sing and play guitar. However when they take a break we turn on the tunes. We have DC power provided via batteries/solar panels, so  we installed a Cambridge Sound Works DC powered subwoofer and satilite speakers in two corners. I must say it sounds pretty good!

1oldguy

« Reply #15 on: 8 Dec 2009, 02:46 pm »
For me it's not so much how much as to when.I enjoy music most as soon as I get up  and at night for maximum effect.

Robert D

« Reply #16 on: 8 Dec 2009, 04:40 pm »
1oldguy

Did you unload all of your Bryston Gear

let me know what you have available

By email or on this page

Regards Robert

1oldguy

« Reply #17 on: 8 Dec 2009, 06:16 pm »
All 5 Of my Amps are all boxed up to the left of my PC.2 Opened 3 sealed.
Curious if any one is using Bryston Amps with 4 ohm speakers?And if you have any thoughts as opposed to the standard 8 ohm speaker loads?