Josh's HT2-TL's in walnut with claro walnut front baffle

jsalk

Josh ordered a nice piece of claro walnut to be used for front baffles on a pair of HT2-TL's.  While we have done this many times on HT1's and HT3's, this is the first time we have done it on HT2-TL's.

Here are some pics...

And a close-up...

Happy listening Josh!

- Jim

floresjc

Re: Josh's HT2-TL's in walnut with claro walnut front baffle
« Reply #1 on: 27 Oct 2009, 05:47 pm »
They look wonderful! There were many very "exciting" designs out there that I was a fan of, particulary the red fireburst, but my wife want something more classic and toned down. I'm really happy with the way these turned out, very rich looking wood color (nice grain too!) and nothing really overly flashy. I'm sure they look even better in person and they'll be right at home next to the AVA gear.

sedah

« Reply #2 on: 27 Oct 2009, 05:48 pm »
Those look fantastic! Well chosen sir!

vintagebob

« Reply #3 on: 27 Oct 2009, 05:52 pm »
Very NICE!  :thumb:

Nuance

« Reply #4 on: 27 Oct 2009, 06:23 pm »
Very nice, Josh.  I love the walnut wood baffle.  Sooooo sweet!

Welcome to the Salk family.  I look forward to your listening impressions and more pictures.

fishinbob

« Reply #5 on: 27 Oct 2009, 06:43 pm »
Those are the nicest I've seen. Congratulations on your choice of wives. :thumb:

mathgeek97

« Reply #6 on: 27 Oct 2009, 06:45 pm »
Wow!  I really like the look of those.  See, sometimes it's good to follow the wife's advice!

BobM

« Reply #7 on: 27 Oct 2009, 07:44 pm »
How come nobody ever says anything about how these sound? Yeah, they look nice and the workmanship is beautiful, but isn't it all really about the sound?  :scratch: :dunno:

rahimlee54

« Reply #8 on: 27 Oct 2009, 08:03 pm »
How come nobody ever says anything about how these sound? Yeah, they look nice and the workmanship is beautiful, but isn't it all really about the sound?  :scratch: :dunno:

Usually each person posts an impression, the owner can't really comment on the sound having not heard them. 

floresjc

« Reply #9 on: 27 Oct 2009, 08:09 pm »
I'll surely post impressions when I get them, I actually ordered them without ever hearing an HT2-TL. Heard the regular HT2 and SongTowers, but Dennis has a new lineup everytime someone goes over!

Also, in the case of my order, I wasn't even the first person to *see* my speakers. By the time I logged in, there had been several views in each thread!

Wayner

« Reply #10 on: 27 Oct 2009, 08:10 pm »
I've heard them and they are awesome. These are particularly nice looking for me as I grew up in the late 60s-70s era when all of the speakers and component cabinets were made from walnut, which I also really love. The sound will match the looks!

Wayner  :D

floresjc

« Reply #11 on: 27 Oct 2009, 08:16 pm »
Wayner -

I guess I am kickin' it old school with a combination of AVA styling and the classic walnut look. I'm only 27, so I didn't get to live it the first time round, all I need now is for Swerd to give up his Grateful Dead live cd that sounds fantastic (I'm not a Grateful Dead fan, but its a right of passage when auditioning his SongTowers).

Wayner

« Reply #12 on: 27 Oct 2009, 08:23 pm »
What amp are you running?

W

floresjc

« Reply #13 on: 27 Oct 2009, 08:31 pm »
Wayner -

I have a double 440 for the HT2-TL's (Insight EC pre and DAC as well) and a double 240/3 for the front of my 5.1 Songtower setup. I will probably order a double 240 to run the rears in a week or so and then I will be 100% AVA powered.

R Swerdlow

« Reply #14 on: 27 Oct 2009, 08:36 pm »
...all I need now is for Swerd to give up his Grateful Dead live cd that sounds fantastic...

Josh - Those photos of your walnut cabinets look outstanding.  They're gonna look SO MUCH better when you see them in person.  I'd love to see them - I promise I'll wash my hands before fondling them.

If you have any $$ left after all getting all that gear, the CD is Three From the Vault (Live)

floresjc

« Reply #15 on: 27 Oct 2009, 08:42 pm »
Swerd -

I'm down to my last wooden nickel, and my wife's car is on its last legs I think. I may end up buying a new car in short time as well, where the heck do all these bills come from?? In any case, I can probly spare a 10 or 20 spot to grab that cd for demo purposes, for all the "old time" recordings I've heard, its certainly one of the best captured.

Wayner

« Reply #16 on: 27 Oct 2009, 08:43 pm »
Wayner -

I have a double 440 for the HT2-TL's (Insight EC pre and DAC as well) and a double 240/3 for the front of my 5.1 Songtower setup. I will probably order a double 240 to run the rears in a week or so and then I will be 100% AVA powered.

Awesome! Another Salk/AVA setup! A great combo IMHO.

W aa

funkmonkey

« Reply #17 on: 27 Oct 2009, 08:47 pm »
 :thumb: :thumb: :thumb:

floresjc-  the Walnut looks great!  One of my favorites as well.  :D

R Swerdlow

« Reply #18 on: 27 Oct 2009, 09:08 pm »
I'm down to my last wooden nickel...

Invite me over when you're all set up - I'll bring you a copy :green:

DMurphy