No notice get together, Plano (~121 and Preston) Friday or Saturday evening?

EDS_

My wife and kids are headed to NYC for the weekend. 

I have a two audio systems and a video system.  Tubed, hybrid and SS amps etc.

Even if only three or four can make it that's fine.  I'll spring for some beer and food of some type.

What say you?

marvda1

• freelance reviewer: The Sound Advocate
i'm game for saturday.
marvin

kyyuan

Wish I could... playing in a volleyball tournament on Saturday.  Have a great time.

I have a two audio systems and a video system.  Tubed, hybrid and SS amps etc.

Even if only three or four can make it that's fine.  I'll spring for some beer and food of some type.

What say you?

EDS_

oscar

I sent you a PM

EDS_

I sent you a PM

Response sent and thanks!

EDS_

ETA II - A quite decent headphone system will be ready for action as well.

ETA - I forgot; I actually have two Llano monster amps and two 50wpc Llano mono-blocks.
If anyone has any especially difficult speakers and can get them over here the Llanos make short work of planar, stats and other difficult loads.

I'd love to see a set or two of speakers and a DAC/CDP or two as well.  Any preamp would be nice as well.  However, we have enough gear for two audio set-ups right now.

Anyone dropping in is welcome to bring any gear they'd like.  I have a dolly if needed and it's an easy 30ft walk from the level street to my front door.  If it's raining we can bring gear in through the garage.

My gear available to hear Saturday....

front-ends
Macbook w/iTunes, PC with iTunes, Oppo Universal Player, Rotel DVD/DVD-A,CDP, old school Rega Planet, old school Cary CD-303 out for repairs

DACs
Musical Fidelity XDACV8, very modified Nixon Tube DAC, possible Cambridge DacMagic

pre-amps
Adcom GFP-750, McCormack MAP-1 is out for repairs, may be able to get an old CAT pre

amps
Cary SLI-80 (tube integrated, EL-34 and 6550), Llano Trinity 300 hybrid, Rotel 60x60 amp

Speakers
Spendor S5e, Triangle Zephyr II, possible set of MBL speakers smaller ones don't know the name/fingers crossed!

subs
2 Gallo subs

Video system is fairly Spartan
FIOS/DVD player-Onkyo receiver-Hsu 5.1-HD/DLP PJ to a ~100 inch silver/gray screen, football, hockey and movies are on the video agenda.

EDS_

:banana piano:

Shameless bump for the DFW peeps.

EDS_

:banana piano:

Shameless bump for the DFW peeps.

How about a little love?

lonewolfny42

• Speakers....What Speakers ?

Rain forecast for Friday night and Saturday....pack the umbrella.  :wink:

EDS_

Thanks,
They were going to do the powerboat thing out to Ellis Island but decided the weather was going to be too much.  They 'all did pack umbrellas, however.

Rain forecast for Friday night and Saturday....pack the umbrella.  :wink:

marvda1

• freelance reviewer: The Sound Advocate
ed, what's the head count so far?

Cacophonix

I'm syncing up with Ed to bring my selah audio symmetrica line arrays along with the rythmik servo sub. Should be a fun get together. Hope to see many of the local ACers there!

EDS_

ed, what's the head count so far?

11 firm and several, maybe 15, maybes.  I'm good with any number between 3 and 50.  My house is fairly large - we've had more than a 100 people here at once for parties a time or two.

ETA - I'm jazzed about Cacophonix's arrays!

EDS_

:D :D :D :D :D :D

Just another shameless bump. 

EDS_

If anyone has a headphone amp that they'd like to bring - DO IT!

I'll try to check my AC mailbox every 30/60 minutes for the next several hours.

Thanks,
Ed

EDS_

To anyone one the fence.  We have a Rega Planet-Homebrew/NOS DAC-Audio Research Reference One Pre-Odessy Khartago-Selah Symmetrica Line arrays singing nicely. (Sorry for botched brand spellings)

Come on over.

Cacophonix

Thanks a lot, Ed, for putting together a wonderful local meet!  :thumb: :thumb:
I got to hear first hand what my arrays sound like given some room to breathe!  8) -Huge- sound! :o

I really liked your spendor 5e mated with the cary intergrated. Real nice sound ... perfect for a small room. Pity i had to leave early yesterday and could not get to meet most of the local folks.

Hope the attendees will chip with their impression of the systems.